Lovely B&B run by a lovely couple in a lovely area. John and Gilly make you most welcome, even before you get there you feel as if you know them well.
Our room was perfect, perhaps the only complaint is that the bathroom was on the small side but we managed.
The gardens are very pretty and we sat there a couple of times having a glass of wine watching the river.
As mentioned by previous reviewers, the breakfast was beautifully cooked and was thoroughly enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We now offer this awarding wining property as an exclusive use self catering cottage in Ashford-in-the-Water, arguably the prettiest village in the Peak District National Park. Perfect for large groups accommodating up to 20 guests. Beautiful riverside location, a stroll away and stunning walks from the front door. 10 minutes from Chatsworth House, 5 minutes from Haddon Hall and at the start of the Monsal Trail. Spend lazy afternoons sitting by the river feeding the trout, or come and walk the trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your River Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Cottage Hotel Ashford-In-The-Water
- River Cottage Peak District National Park/Ashford-In-The-Water, UK