“Just perfect”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
e s
“Just perfect”
Reviewed March 26, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

Booked the Dukes House on behalf of a group of friends who were overseas visitors, a mixture of adults & children. They specifically requested not to stay in a small property and one that was a little higher in standard but on a mid-range budget, as I live locally I offered to sort it for them.

Although the Peak District has a mass of the stereotypical country cottages, they are all generally cramped and it would be fair to say a little dated, so I had a bit of task to find something that wasn't the norm.

The owner allowed me to view before making the booking and even let me facetime my friends in Italy who then ask me to book it for them.

The houise is literally a 2-minute walk into the village and is sat just off the A6 so very easy to find and straight onto the main road to Manchester and Derby the other.

It is finished to more of a boutique hotel standard with gorgeous furnishings, probably too good for a holiday rental but it is really tasteful, my wife has actually ordered the same wallpaper in the lounge for our own home. All the rooms are a great size, even the smallest bedroom is quite generous.

My friends paid around £1200 for the weekend which sounds a lot but when you divide it by the number of guests it's cheaper than a travel lodge per head.

Would recommend if you are a family as an alternative to booking lots of rooms in a hotel or trying to squeeze people into a small cottage.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Aug 31, 2018
Thank you for your review and I’m pleased It was of some help for you to view the property before booking. I know everybody enjoyed their stay and comforts the house offers and hopefully we will see you all again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing