We rued the day that James left North Devon - his restaurant there was the very best. So when retirement and a landmark birthday both happened in December 2012, we thought that a trip to Derbyshire, to James Duckett's new restaurant, was the only way to celebrate. We were not disappointed. The food, as ever, was some of the best we have ever tasted and James has found a gem of an area in which to live and cook. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful and we heard about planned changes about to take place to the restaurant area which we thought would make quite a positive difference to the overall ambiance of the place. The bedrooms were pretty and very comfortable too. But, it was the food we travelled that distance for and it was excellent and made our celebration so much more special. Thanks everyone for helping to make it a very memorable 2 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Samuel Fox Country Inn is situated in the pretty village of Bradwell in the heart of the Hope Valley in Derbyshire's peak District National park and offers breathtaking views from the bar and restaurant. The building underwent a full refurbishment in July 2008 and is modern and stylish while still managaing to retain its rustic charm. All of its rooms are delux double rooms with en-suite bathrooms; they have at least 26 inch flat screen televisions;internet access and coffee and tea facilities. In October 2012 the Inn was acquired by new manager and head chef, James Duckett in his first pub venture after an early career in the kitchens of fine dining restaurants in the UK, France, Netherlands and Australia and, more recently running his own restaurants in Devon and Andalucia. James is passionate about food and uses, wherever possible, good locally sourced, seasonal ingredients to create mouthwatering dishes, for his 'blackboard' bar snacks and a la carte lunch and dinner menus alike. With two AA rosettes, fine food is a special feature of the Samuel Fox. However, there's also a very warm welcome awaiting those wishing to just enjoy a drink in comfortable and convivial surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Samuel Fox Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samuel Fox Country Hotel Bradwell
- Samuel Fox Country Inn Bradwell, Peak District National Park