A chance recommendation led us to this great find. Wonderful menu, top service, excellent well cooked food, very good red wine (Sangiovese Merlot) by the glass at normal prices and no sting in the bill. Had a look at the rooms so we can return and enjoy some more. Thanks Kelly.
Rabbit on outstanding gratin, monkfish with delicious light curry sauce. Own breads with pate and cheeses a pure delight. Go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Samuel Fox Country Inn is situated in the pretty village of Bradwell in the heart of the Hope Valley in Derbyshire's peak District National park and offers breathtaking views from the bar and restaurant. The building underwent a full refurbishment in July 2008 and is modern and stylish while still managaing to retain its rustic charm. All of its rooms are delux double rooms with en-suite bathrooms; they have at least 26 inch flat screen televisions;internet access and coffee and tea facilities. In October 2012 the Inn was acquired by new manager and head chef, James Duckett in his first pub venture after an early career in the kitchens of fine dining restaurants in the UK, France, Netherlands and Australia and, more recently running his own restaurants in Devon and Andalucia. James is passionate about food and uses, wherever possible, good locally sourced, seasonal ingredients to create mouthwatering dishes, for his 'blackboard' bar snacks and a la carte lunch and dinner menus alike. With two AA rosettes, fine food is a special feature of the Samuel Fox. However, there's also a very warm welcome awaiting those wishing to just enjoy a drink in comfortable and convivial surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Samuel Fox Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Samuel Fox Country Hotel Bradwell
- Samuel Fox Country Inn Bradwell, Peak District National Park