My Family & I stayed at this hotel for two nights for my sisters wedding. The venue is lovely & modern with bright rooms & great scenery. The evening before the wedding we had an amazing 3 course meal. At first the portions of food looked limited however the meals are quite rich & therefore the perfect amount. Our waitress was very attentive & friendly. The breakfast was also very nice with a large variety to cater for different preferences. On both mornings however we waited a while before a waiter was in sight to take our order.
Allocating the rooms would have seemed stressful; sorting out which members of family were going where & changing rooms the next right. However the receptionist dealt with the complications with ease.
I believe the organization of the wedding went well, the staff helped make the bride feel comfortable & nothing was too much trouble. The only downfall of the event I personally think the organizers were optimistic allowing 80 people as there wasn't sufficient room to move around. I also believe parking was a great difficulty. During the meal whilst the tables that were served first had finished, there were other tables still being served & yet to start. Perhaps there could have been more staff to serve.
Another suggestion would be to plan the situation of photographs bearing in mind the weather as we were unable to stay outside long before it started raining. Therefore it was a struggle getting in & out of the hotel with the amount of people & the bride with her dress to move freely.
We were able to get one group photo outside before it rained again but we wouldn't have been able to get one in any of the rooms. A suggestion to those booking weddings in the future would be to reserve seats for family as there was no organization on that behalf & we found friends were sat at the front & family at the back!
Overall I would highly recommend the hotel, the area is very peaceful, staff are welcoming, food is great. My only regret is I didn't get chance to use the spa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The finest Hotel & Spa in the Peak District National Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Losehill House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Losehill House Hotel And Spa
- Losehill House Hotel Hope
- Losehill Hotel Hope
- Losehill House Hotel & Spa Hope, Peak District National Park