“Understated luxury in the Peak District”

and 1 more site!
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hope
Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a wonderful surprise. Understated luxury in the Peak District. First class accommodation, service and food. Wonderful views, a most relaxing and enjoyable visit. I booked at short notice and was too late to secure one of their largest rooms. However, even with two z-beds for the children, there was plenty of space in our King size bedroom. All of the little touches including a newspaper delivered without request, freshly prepared orange juice and generous room consumables would put many more expensive hotels to shame.

Room Tip: Room 9 was lovely; large, bright, comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Losehill House Hotel & Spa

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We kept going, turning off the main road, up a little country road, then turning onto a tiny, leafy lane, at the end of which was a beautiful, well kept substantial building. The reception lady was friendly and helpful. We snuggled into comfy sofas for a welcome hot drink then made our way to the warm and spotless changing rooms and into the pool.

After enough exercise to justify a proper lunch we lounged about, reading and dozing.

Lunch in the bright, beautiful dining room with stunning views of the majestic hills, was exceptional. Local and thoughtful ingredients well cooked and stylishly presented were thoroughly enjoyed as we gazed at the brilliant green of the trees bursting with spring!

Our treatments (divine back massages) were conducted in warm dark treatment rooms, scented and quiet, and of course we almost fell asleep!

Everyone we encountered was helpful, discrete, professional and friendly. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beechenhill
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I took a group of 14 walkers for four days, three nights in the Derbyshire Dales. We had some teething
problems on the first night with drinks, canapés and the food order but after that everything went very
well indeed. The staff were unfailingly kind and considerate, the food was excellent - both breakfasts and
dinners- and the rooms were well appointed, spacious and very comfortable. Paul, who owns the hotel
is charming and involved and Amanda on reception made sure that everything ran smoothly for us.The hotel
is well situated in the Dales close to Hathersage,Eyam, Castelton, Monsal Head and Bakewell. We
shall be coming back!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Me and my ex came to this hotel in February. I love the location of this hotel. It is very nice and clean. I had a facial which i really enjoyed.

We had our dinner in the restaurant and the belly pork was really really delicious. The ambience was really good. I love the fact that they play piano at the background and the pianist play a lot of my favourite songs- ie Adele.

It is a very nice hotel serve superb breakfast .

I would highly recommend this hotel for a romantic gateaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed 2 separate nights and both stays were excellent. The hotel is deep in amazing country, currently with lambs all over it. Both times the rooms were very well appointed, had really comfortable beds and beautiful views. The staff were wonderful, very professional but very friendly. The food was absolutely top notch at every point and the wine list extensive. I would recommend this hotel very highly and we are already planning our return.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were here for one night after attending a wedding, the setting is perfect, we has a great room with a very scenic view at the rear of the hotel it was large and well appointed , the bed was very comfortable.The wedding was well organised and the turn around from service to meal to evening party was good. The food was good at the wedding, breakfast was great as it was all table service with no buffet. Drinks were very expensive but I suppose that is usual for a four star hotel. Would like to go back again and also to take advantage of the spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back overlooking the hill
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are getting married at Losehill Hotel in January 2014. My mother in law to be bought us a gift voucher to go for lunch so we took advantage of this during the recent sunny bank holiday.

We received a very warm welcome and were quickly shown to the lounge area to browse the menu and order drinks. Once our appetisers were ready we were shown to our table. We firstly had a few different types of home made bread, my favourite was the shallot bread.

Our starters were lovely and probably just about the right size. I had duck and goats cheese roulade and my fiance had a salmon starter, both were lovely!

For our main meal I had pork chop with a lovely potato croquette style bubble and squeek. My fiance had the vegitarian sausages which were devine, served with parsley mash. I felt the veggie sausage meal was a small portion but my meal filled me up.

We had puddings, I had a lovely white chocolate moose with a cherry jelly on top with a lively chocolate suprise in the middle. My fiance had a trifle with loads of fruit in the jelly, topped with a cool custard. Both were lovely, but I wish I'd gone for the trifle!

The service was brilliant. We were only in the hotel for a couple of hours but the staff made us feel very welcome. I'm certainly very excited for holding our wedding there and I'm confident my guests will love it just as much as I do.

See you in January, if not before :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
The Izaak Walton Hotel
George Hotel
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hathersage
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Losehill House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!