“Location, staff, bed, food and organisation all faultless”

Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hope
Bristol,UK
“Location, staff, bed, food and organisation all faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed 2 separate nights and both stays were excellent. The hotel is deep in amazing country, currently with lambs all over it. Both times the rooms were very well appointed, had really comfortable beds and beautiful views. The staff were wonderful, very professional but very friendly. The food was absolutely top notch at every point and the wine list extensive. I would recommend this hotel very highly and we are already planning our return.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were here for one night after attending a wedding, the setting is perfect, we has a great room with a very scenic view at the rear of the hotel it was large and well appointed , the bed was very comfortable.The wedding was well organised and the turn around from service to meal to evening party was good. The food was good at the wedding, breakfast was great as it was all table service with no buffet. Drinks were very expensive but I suppose that is usual for a four star hotel. Would like to go back again and also to take advantage of the spa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back overlooking the hill
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Chapel-en-le-Frith, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are getting married at Losehill Hotel in January 2014. My mother in law to be bought us a gift voucher to go for lunch so we took advantage of this during the recent sunny bank holiday.

We received a very warm welcome and were quickly shown to the lounge area to browse the menu and order drinks. Once our appetisers were ready we were shown to our table. We firstly had a few different types of home made bread, my favourite was the shallot bread.

Our starters were lovely and probably just about the right size. I had duck and goats cheese roulade and my fiance had a salmon starter, both were lovely!

For our main meal I had pork chop with a lovely potato croquette style bubble and squeek. My fiance had the vegitarian sausages which were devine, served with parsley mash. I felt the veggie sausage meal was a small portion but my meal filled me up.

We had puddings, I had a lovely white chocolate moose with a cherry jelly on top with a lively chocolate suprise in the middle. My fiance had a trifle with loads of fruit in the jelly, topped with a cool custard. Both were lovely, but I wish I'd gone for the trifle!

The service was brilliant. We were only in the hotel for a couple of hours but the staff made us feel very welcome. I'm certainly very excited for holding our wedding there and I'm confident my guests will love it just as much as I do.

See you in January, if not before :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Booked Losehill House for an overnight stay to celebrate our second wedding anniversary, after a number of recommendations. I must stay that the staff here are extremely helpful and the food is top notch. We had the spa to ourselves on our first day, I enjoyed a leisurely swim while my husband sat and read the complementary magazines found in the public areas if the hotel. We then enjoyed a dip in the outdoor jacuzzi, my husband went to fetch us a beverage from the bar but came back empty handed as he felt uncomfortable entering the bar in his complimentary bathrobe while other visitors were there in their suits.

After an excellent evening meal (turbut and oxtail starter for me, lamb rump for main and a very light but sublime honey desert) we retired to our extremely comfortable king size bed. The next morning we really didn't want to get up for breakfast as we laid in bed looking out at the wonderful views of a mountain. At breakfast in a quandary between a full cooked breakfast (I wanted to try a local sausage (!) ) or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs the waitress suggested I added a sausage to the scrambled egg dish. Thoughts of a mountain bike ride went out of the window as we returned to our room for another lay down!

Check out is 11am, and we went into the lounge for a coffee and to await our respective treatments at 12pm, which were part of the package deal we had booked.

After the treatments, which we agreed were lovely, we still couldn't bring ourselves to leave and enjoyed a sandwich and soup for lunch.

The relaxing music played in public areas of the hotel, played a part in creating the ambience of the hotel. Guests dress casually during the day (or in bathrobes) as they return from exploring the local area. At night the dress is anything from casual through to formal.

Would we return? Definitely. The decor in our bedroom was not exact (there were several roller marks on the ceiling, the plug sockets and notices were a bit squ-wif) but it didn't affect our stay!! We enjoyed a completely relaxing stay, though there are lots of things to do and see if you so wish.

• Stayed April 2013
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Thanks for a great couple of nights.

The best things about Losehill are the location and the food both of which were spectacular. The rooms were adequate and the thin walls meant we could hear our neighbours but a minor gripe compared with the view from the window. We were fortunate to be allocated a room overlooking Winhill on an upper floor which meant that we weren't overlooked and were able to sleep with the curtains open and awaken to the first decent day of Spring outside.

Spa and pool good - especially the hot tub location which was lovely to use whilst looking out onto snow covered hills (if a little cold getting out!).

Food excellent with great wine list and dining room location with quick, friendly service.

Would recommend to anyone - but do try and get a room with a view.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked our one night stay at Losehill because we wanted a great meal and some r and r after spending a weekend in the Lake District. In the heart of the Peak District with walks, cycle paths and places of interest on your doorstep the location is phenomenal. It felt secluded and relaxing and the hot tub on the patio with views of the Peak District was nothing short of indulgent. Having stayed in B and B's for a few nights I was expecting to be bowled over by the room but I'm glad we only stayed for one night as it was quite small and it didn't take long to feel that luggage was everywhere. Although I must say, the bed was comfy and it was the most peaceful nights sleep I've had in a while, probably helped by an excellent hot stone massage in the spa. The 3 course meal that was part of the room package was lovely but there were a couple of areas where service could have been better, for example, they forgot our bread and at the end of the meal we were in the lounge area and ordered a cup of tea only and were brought petit fours. As we hadn't ordered them we assumed (wrongly) that they were complimentary. In future we will send them back but I find it frustrating that a hotel of quality charges you for something you didn't order. My only other quibble would be that the bill wasn't fully itemised at the end so we had to ask for a breakdown of the bar/restaurant bill to check it was right. They seemed to think this was unusual whereas I think it's savvy in a place where a number of staff are serving you and only identify you by your room number.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank HelenC967
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed for two nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. Location is spot on with beautiful views. Service and food was excellent. Enjoyed some very relaxing spa treatments. Room was very well presented and comfortable with a magnificent bathroom (deluxe double). Just felt very relaxed and looked after. Definitely would recommend and will be looking to return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope
The Izaak Walton Hotel
BEST WESTERN Buxton Lee Wood Hotel
Cavendish Hotel
Cavendish Hotel
#2 of 2 in Baslow

Been to Losehill House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!