Losehill House Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
The Maynard(Grindleford)
$99
Great 4.5/5
The Norfolk Arms(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
$64
$319
$262
Navigation Inn(Buxworth)
1,132 results
All reviewshot tublosehill housecourse taster menusteam roompeak districtedale suiteoutdoor jacuzzifamily suiteking roomwine flightrestaurant staffstunning viewslose hillderbyshire breakfastsmall poollounge areaan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My fiancé proposed to me at Losehill House on Christmas Eve this year and it couldn't have been more perfect! We had spa treatments and access to the pool and sauna in the morning, before sitting down to a two course lunch. My fiancé had called the hotel before the day to make arrangements for a private dining room, however on arrival he was told there were no bookings in the main dining area so we were upgraded to this room. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating, and after the proposal came over with champagne and congratulations. Overall, a lovely hotel in beautiful surroundings.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
PaulRodenLosehill, Owner at Losehill House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I am really pleased that we could play a part in such a special moment - congratulations!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

A superb Christmas break from Christmas Eve until the 27th December. We had our daughter with us (20 years old) and our dog, Toby. We thought daughter would have to sleep on a sofa bed, but she had a room with twin beds. Beautiful, clean, well-thought out rooms and the comfiest bed I have slept on, in a hotel in ages. Shower (over bath) was slippery but we asked for and were given a plastic bath mat. Anything you asked for was sorted immediately - the owner Paul, should be very proud of all his staff as they are so accommodating.
The food was exemplary from the delicious canapés to the exquisitely presented main dishes and desserts to die for! All served in the well appointed dining room. The views, no matter what the weather was like, we're amazing and during this break we have seen most weather! Dining there and looking out to the tors and beautiful landscape made everything more special, I can highly recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs - so good we had it twice during our stay! Locally bought eggs and the best smoked salmon which was velvety - too delish for words!! In fact food-wise, it is hard to think of anything to complain about, so I won't! As well as all the delicious food, we thoroughly enjoyed the duo who performed during the black-tie evening on Boxing Day, called The Duffy Brothers - very entertaining and only hope they didn't mind us joining in as much as we did!
Much excitement and alarms going off at 4 in the morning caused by a faulty alarm had us all out in the hotel's chunky dressing gowns and borrowed umbrellas....and the firemen duly arrived to check all was well. A swift cuppa provided and we were all back off to bed and we had a late leisurely breakfast with stories to tell the incoming staff. Our gratitude goes to Rachel who coped so well on her own through what must have been a scary couple of hours whist on night duty.

My daughter and I swam in the pool, had a fun time in the hot tub outside and used the sauna - all great for relaxing after walking up and slipping down Losehill Tor! The three if us made use of the complimentary spa session and had back massages, my husband had a hot stone massage and said this was the best sort he had ever tried...so I can't wait to go back again soon then perhaps I might have one of those too!
A very big thank you to all the staff behind the scenes as well as those we saw daily. You all made our stay relaxing and a wonderful Christmas was had by us all. Many thanks and Happy New Year and hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

The Christmas Break was great fun - made by the guests who really enjoyed their stay - and joined in the Duffy Brothers entertainment!!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Four of us had christmas day lunch here, the staff were very friendly, welcoming & attentive and made us feel special. The whole dining experience was wonderful, the chef is incredibly creative! Every course was sublime. The atmosphere was great - not too much noise and the staff were not rushing around because there were too many people to serve!!Making for a relaxed atmosphere.
All in all I would highly recommend Losehill and I do hope we will have the opportunity to eat here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

I am so pleased you enjoyed Christmas Day - there was a great atmosphere with lovely people.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Everything was as expected from reading previous reviews. The location seems ideal for walkers, great views from all rooms. The staff were without exception professional, courteous and very attentive. The evening meal was pleasant, the food presented beautifully but was more style than substance if I'm being honest, perhaps the flavour was not as bold as the vision. Breakfast was fabulous, great selection and very tasty. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well appointed. To offer some constructive feedback I tried tuning the DAB radio for half an hour only to find out from reception there is no digital service. If it doesn't work, personally I don't want it my room. Wifi was an issue in room 2, the AP is not strong enough to reach that part of the hotel. One additional point to note, I hadn't spotted there are no gym facilities, my own mistake but worth mentioning in case others expect some gymnasium facilities at a spa too.

Overall a very pleasant stay in a lovely hotel with attentive and courteous staff.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate the feedback - digital radio signal is patchy in the valley as is our internet - a real challenge which we continue to lobby to improve! (already bought the digital radios in advance of the switch on!) The chefs will be disappointed by the comments on flavours as it is certainly not a regular problem - hopefully it was just a one off on the night. And we like to recommend the Peak District Hills - rather than a gym.....

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Booked very last minute to break a journey and what a pleasant surprise. Our room (22) was a small suite with lovely fittings throughout. We were greeted after a mare of a journey with a smile and quick chat about the facilities on offer. The restaurant and bar were friendly and had the feel of a large house rather than hotel. Food wonderful and service world class. Having arrived late and away early ish we didnt get the chance to use the spa services but did have a walk around the local lanes and tracks, great setting and location. All in all top marks, the owner is I understand working as part of the team in the property and the standards are as a result very high. Well done a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in 22 - a great room really decent nights sleep - the only down side was a comment made by the staff in the morning about a cat that apparently takes refuge in the rooms occasionaly! Not good from our point of view as my wife has an allergy to cat hair
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CheadleHulme79

Many thanks for your kind comments