We booked this hotel for a birthday treat and loved the location plus the fact that there was an annex that permitted dogs. Despite paying top dollar we were intrigued that apart from the freshly-cooked breakfasts the dinners were delivered (the dog-friendly annex was next to the delivery entrance) by a catering company. Coming from London we are used to over-blown menus so were somewhat surprised in a country hotel to be served drizzles and jus and foams and gels on every dish. By day 3 we were desperate for a decent steak and broke out in search of less pretentious food.
Our bedroom was fine though the bathroom had seen better days. The silicon round the basin and bath was very well overdue for replacement, and surely housekeeping could have noticed that one of the two low wattage ceiling bulbs had blown? Perhaps it was too dark to see...
We booked the hotel because it advertised wifi. Being self-employed we had to access the internet while we were away, so we were miffed that in fact this was not available in the dog-friendly annex adjacent to the main house. Paying for a booster wouldn't have cost the owners much and would have made the world of difference to us. Having to lug our laptops in relay while to the main building while one of us dog-sat was a nuisance.
Finally we felt a distinct sense of ennui when one day a crudely blue-tacked notice appeared stuck to our sitting room wall stating that dogs should be kept out of the bedrooms. Rather unsubtle and not really dog-friendly, particularly in a dog-friendly hotel.
In short - great location, rather pretentious food, slightly snippy managerial attitude, tired bathroom and no internet connection. Shortly after our visit we emailed constructive feedback and received no reply. Which says it all, really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The finest Hotel & Spa in the Peak District National Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Losehill House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Losehill House Hotel And Spa
- Losehill House Hotel Hope
- Losehill Hotel Hope
- Losehill House Hotel & Spa Hope, Peak District National Park