We stayed here for my sisters 50th Birthday. There were nine of us from all over the country and we had a fabulous time.
Our room was a familly suite and it was enormous. Two en suite rooms and a huge downstairs lounge area. The beds were very comfy and the rooms well equiped, if perhaps a bit sparsely decorated. More functional rather than luxury but I expect as used by many famillies it may be fine. What was unquestionable about the room was the views on two side. In the late afternoon the sun shining on the hills was spectacular.
The spa was excellant and we all enjoyed a lovely hour and a half, ages from 7 to 75, with a nice pool,sauna and outdoor hot tub which was lovely on such a beautiful day.
We ate in the private dining room on Saturday night and were very well looked after and the 8 course taster menu was fabulous, full of invovative cuisine but using great local produce. Really top drawer stuff from a 2 AA rosette kitchen.
Breakfast the next morning was also excellent, again with top quality ingredients and served in the beautifull light and airy dinning room with stunning views all round.
Overall this is a very good country hotel in a wonderful setting, with excellent food and very good accomodation. I can see this in the future vying with some of the better known destination country hotels. Perhaps a star may beckon? I certainly felt the food was good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The finest Hotel & Spa in the Peak District National Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Losehill House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Losehill House Hotel And Spa
- Losehill House Hotel Hope
- Losehill Hotel Hope
- Losehill House Hotel & Spa Hope, Peak District National Park