“a bit disappointing!!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Visited here last weekend after a long hike round the peaks. After my previous excellent reviews
things have turned for the worse. The last 2 meals we have eaten have been below average.
The chicken was tough(probably pre-cooked) and full of oil, shame because I have had some
great meals here. Don`t think I will be going back.

1  Thank hammer196854

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our first visit to the Curry Cabin which is an unassuming little restaurant tucked away in a little cul de sac in Hope.
The food exceeded our expectations. The food was very good and the service friendly. I would recommend this restaurant and will certainly return the next time I am in the area

Reviewed May 31, 2013

No not an advert for an insurance company, but a comment that this restaurant is more than the name suggests. The 'Curry Cabin' is tucked away in a courtyard a 'stones throw' from the church in the middle of the village of Hope, just a few miles from the more famous Castleton.
The cabin is actually a small, cosy restaurant that seats 16 people and offers a friendly atmosphere, enhanced by the owners who are more than helpful to explain and assist with the large array of items on the menu. The food is not limited to curry but offers a wide range of asians foods that are freshly prepared on the premises to your order.. The premises don't hold an alcohol sales licence, so just bring your own - no corkage.
In addition to the restaurant the Curry Cabin also provides a take away service, so if you are in the area, walking, camping, whatever and you don't want to take time to dine, then this service provides the answer.
I have certainly enjoyed the Curry Cabin on the several occasions that I have visted and would recommend that you book especially at weekends as it is becoming more popular as its reputation rises.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Was really looking forward to trying this take away as it has had some many good reviews.
As you can see from my previous reviews, I am quite a fair and discerning diner.

We order monk fish curry,chicken passanda, gobi bhaji, peshwari nan bread and pilau rice.

The monk fish curry really good and I would definitely recommend this dish . But the chicken passanda ordered was terrible.We threw nearly all of it away. Watered down sauce, with no flavour at all. Tasted like a value cooking sauce. This ruined our complete meal.

I have never has to throw away a curry before but there was no point wasting calories on this.

I'm not sure if this is a one off but we will unfortunately not be ordering a take away from here again.

2  Thank Camels_Travels
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had a takeaway from this restaurant. Service was friendly and prompt and the meal for 4 was good value. Our problem was the variable quality of the food. None of it was poor but some of the dishes were either bland or, conversely, very hot but lacking real taste. The Hope Valley Special, however, was superb. Struggled with whether to rate it as "average" -it's better than that - or "very good" - going a little too far - but gave it 4 anyway because of the friendly service.