“Poor food!”
Review of The Old Hall Hotel

The Old Hall Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Hope
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have transformed the Old Hall and the service you will receive. My aim is to provide a relaxed atmosphere for family and friends to eat and drink with comfortable accommodation. We offer all your favourite classic pub meals from our experienced chefs using fresh ingredients and also have a variety of specials with a twist. We also have a tea room where you can enjoy breakfasts, a quick bite for lunch or afternoon tea and coffee. You must try our famous Old Hall Hotel Derbyshire Breakfast! The tea room can be hired for a special occasion with a variety of options catering for your needs. Please do come and visit us for a meal, drink or stay in one of comfortable bed and breakfast rooms. You can always be sure of a warm welcome at the Old Hall Hotel in Hope, Peak District.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice Pub but let down by very poor food, would not go again.

Rick E, Owner at The Old Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Hello.
Unfortunately, I feel that I can't do anything to make this right as I still don't know what went wrong on your visit to my little pub.

It is so important to make us aware when you are not entirely satisfied with your food, hence the reason of doing our check backs, and asking every single customer if everything was alright for them.

Thank you for your feedback, I just can't learn anything from it.
Rick

Reviewed March 31, 2012

we called in to the tea rooms and asked for a bacon muffin and poached eggs on toast not realising this menu finished at 11.30am it was 1.15pm this was not a problem for the staff and they cooked us our requested food not only was it extremely tasty we did not have to wait and while we were waiting were given a lovely pot of tea for two, we were very impressed and will certainly be going there again and also recommending to our family and friends - staff excellent and very friendly

3  Thank sheffieldengland30
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Me an my husband called in for dinner one evening and all I can say is very disappointed! Greasy food unfriendly staff.. Local drunks everywhere. I hope the chap behind the bar wasn't the manage because He needs to learn some customer service skills!

Hello.
I really find this review hard to believe. It always raises questions when someone has only ever written one review.
The feedback is very general, "Greasy food?" "unfriendly staff?"
You don't have "local drunks" in a pub restaurant.

I don't Think so.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

The Old Hall is literally sandwiched between the more famous attractions of Castleton and Hathersage, in the Peak Distrct. But what a gem of a place it is with it's selection of house and guest beers and a menu that will satisfy the most choosey. It also has it's own adjacent Tea Room where you can sit and have tea, cofee and a cake or sandwich. The landlord Rik and his staff are polite and friendly and nothing appears to be too much to ask. Good food and drink, in a great setting .

4  Thank Overthebluemoon
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This Pub used to be my local many years ago..and over the years it has had mixed fortunes. However the present Landlord has really rejuvenated the place and on our recent visit to Hope to visit family we ended up there on most nights. We decided to treat ourselves one night & stat there..Rik gave us a lovely room with a four poster bed..comfy settee & everything you need...we were very impressed..it was excellent...and the Breakfast in the morning was fabulous..we didn't need to eat another thing until supper we were so full. We highly recommend here for value & service.....

5  Thank Jerseypearl