“Excellent innovative modern food nice surroundings and good service”

Losehill House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Hope
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited Losehill House for Father's day lunch with my family (June 2013). The setting was gorgeous; the hotel being nestled deep in the Peak District, along a secluded leafy track. Once inside we were seated in the lounge area, which is opulent without feeling intimidating, to look over the 3 course set lunch menu. There was a large choice and everything sounded tempting, with the fresh, seasonal ideas and innovative twists expected of top-class modern British cuisine. I ordered the goats cheese parfait with beetroot meringue and hazelnuts followed by salmon with crab fishcakes. We were taken through to the restaurant which is filled with natural light and high ceilings with great a view of the countryside. The atmosphere was that of a high-standard restaurant where you know you are somewhere special and concurrently relaxed.

Fresh, homemade bread was delivered to our table followed shortly by the starters. The presentation was clean and modern and all the dished looked and tasted amazing; full of flavour and fresh quality ingredients and great attention to detail. The mains came along and didn't disappoint, as too did the desserts. Alongside the food, the service was attentive and not rushed or intrusive, so no complaints there. The meal was £24.50pp, which I felt was an absolute bargain for the quality we received.

I will be visiting again to sample the taster menu and would highly recommend to anyone on the lookout for a delicious meal and all round top-class dining experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We came to the hotel for dinner on our final night in the area and were delighted. The staff were friendly and helpful. The dining room look out over the valley which forms a wonderful backdrop in the evening light'
Dinner is three courses with a variety of dishes on the menu. My wife's Scallops were cooked to perfection, while my Rabbit Roulade was a subtle blend of flavours. Lamb and Veal were both served in interesting combinations with vegetables. My pudding, a Derbyshire Heather Honey with Honey and Yoghurt ice cream and little pear balls was lovely, while my wife really enjoyed a selection of cheeses in prime condition.
We were staying next door at UInderleigh House, so had the benefit of generous discounts on food and wine. Even without the discount dinner there would be great value for money.

1  Thank Jasbs
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I will do a main review on the hotel page (check it out for a more detailled review) but I had to make a special mention of the meal here also.

Wow- we loved it:
inventive menu
fancy presentation
tasty food- flavours that worked well together
attentive and knowledgeable staff
lovely atmosphere
beautiful views

Reviewed March 17, 2013

great for a special occasion if you are staying nearby - we were literally next door at Underleigh House. There was a good choice of dishes from a set menu, all beautifully presented. With a generous discount and free glass of wine because of staying at Underleigh it was also not too expensive for the quality of the meal. Only the canapes to start were a bit disappointing, otherwise a very good meal.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is the 4th time I have stayed at losehill and once again I was not disappointed. The settings a beautiful and we were welcomed by lovely staff. The hotel had been decorated beautifully for Christmas with a lovely big tree in the dining room. Our room was spotlessly clean-plenty of towels, extra pillows if needed, bottled water, tea and coffee and biscuits provided, bath robes slippers and separate towels for the pool. The shower was powerful and really hot and the rooms and hotel was lovely and cosy and warm.
Attention to detail makes this hotel stand out- classy flower decorations on the table, mini tongs for the sugar at breakfast so you don't have to battle with a teaspoon for 1 lump of sugar! And candles.
The food is some of the best food I've ever eaten and it's so nice to enjoy appetisers in the sofa area before dining. The homemade bread is delicious and the menu is really varied and great to try something adventurous that you can't cook at home.
Service is top class-thankyou to Tom especially for waiting on us-bringing water without being asked, topping up butter and just making us feel really looked after.
I look forward to coming again. Thankyou for a lovely time.