“Splendid Party”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Attended a cupcake decorating party last night and had a wonderful time. Lucy is very welcoming, a marvellous host. She laid on a very tasty buffet (I had parma ham, brie and grapes on tomato bread - better than your usual sausauge roll and tuna mayo butties!) and while we had to supply our own drinks, all the glasses were provided and the set up was superb. We also got to take home the 12 cakes which we had decorated which are already a hit with my family and I know that not all of everyone's cakes made it home! I would wholeheartedly recommend this as a fun alternative birthday celebration.

1  Thank AIMHH

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I visited cup n cake to buy a selection of treats for a birthday lunch with my sister in-law and was not disappointed, beautifully presented shop with warm and helpful staff i have returned since with my children and they were spoilt for choice of what eat. Will definetly recommend to friends.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Without doubt Cup N Cake serve the finest chocolate brownies in the Peak District: the full English also gives its competitors a run for their money. I am now on my fifth visit and am already greeted a like a long lost family member (I never have to ask for sweetener in my cappuccino because they know just how I like it). Chapel are very lucky to host this little gem; I could only ever be disappointed if they ran out of brownies!

1  Thank Sackey
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Having recently visited cup n cake I was really impressed with the warm welcome my family and I received. The food was excellent, I can recommend the Panini’s and the soup of the day as well as the cakes which look and taste fantastic. Our kids were spoilt rotten by the staff the coloured plastic plates, cups and cutlery were a nice touch not to mention the lollipops which are hidden below the counter!!
I Will return to cup and cake in the near future with my family and maybe try an English breakfast next time. The vine tomatoes, bacon and sausage looked great and I’m sure these would be locally sourced produce which I think is important to support local suppliers.
Reasonably priced and value for money. Nothing was too much trouble.
Martine

1  Thank Martine j
Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you are visiting Chapel-en-le-Frith you couldn't do better than to call in at the Cup 'N' Cake and treat yourself. And you won't be disappointed. The speciality coffee lattes are delicious with choices of amaretto, cinnamon, vanilla and caramel added to them at a small extra charge. They make lovely homemade soups and have excellent food menu choices. As for the cakes, they are simply to die for. Plus you can order speciality cakes made to order in advance and they really are impressive. All this for a very reasonable price too. The management and staff are very friendly to all regular and new customers and the atmosphere is very lighthearted and cheerful. I can highly recommend a visit to the Cup 'N' Cake.

1  Thank Dave G