“Great Location, good campsite”
Review of Coopers Camp Site

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edale
Coopers Camp Site
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I should know better than to read reviews before I go somewhere. As we all know there is no pleasing some people! This is a working farm that allows people to stay and pitch their tents. Shame the vehicles were not allowed near the tents but absolutely understand why. Just walking over the sodden grass made it become very muddy. Stayed here for 2 nights in a tent on my own with a dog. Walked up Grindsbrook on the Saturday (in the rain) and had a lovely hot (20p) shower on my return. Yes the facilities are basic but I've been to far worse. In fact I had to stand under the lovely hot shower and wait for it to turn off! 5 mins is more than adequate. Always toilet roll in the loo's which is unusual. Lots of noise on site on Friday night, sounded a bit like a construction site with lorries reversing, not sure what that was. Lots of DofE groups use the site and were no problem with most in bed by 10.30pm. I didn't like the fact that a couple arrived on site and pitched behind my tent at 11pm, taking well over an hour to pitch including running the car airbed pump for about 20mins and with the full beam on the car to see their way. "Trevor, is that airbed up yet" I thought this was a little inconsiderate of them really!

Would definitely stay here again without any hesitation due to location and great pub opposite.

Room Tip: As others have said, make sure you sleep with your head at the top of the hill :-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Scuby_Dooo

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night this weekend to do 2 full days of walking. We just wanted a basic campsite, literally somewhere to throw the tent down, have a quick wash up after we'd finished walking and be able to take the dog so this ticked all the boxes for us. If we had come for a week I may be would have stayed at one with more modern facilities as the toilets/shower block could be a little more welcoming but for a weekends walking...perfect!
Farmer and his wife seemed perfectly friendly as well - I've seen a couple of reviews saying he's not the most accomodating but we found him to be pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Phillippa S
A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank A Holiday Lettings verified reviewer
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Weve been to this campsite many many times, its just lovely. We have just returned from a 2 week holiday over the xmas and new year period, we stayed in our touring caravan in all the recent stormy weather and just thoroughly enjoyed it.

The scenery is outstanding, with plenty of walks to be had. There are 2 local pubs, good food, good ales, very friendly staff and your dog can go along for a few pints with you too.

The site is very clean and tidy, the shower and toilet blocks are clean and functional "why people moan about the showers not being up to date is beyond me"! you don't spend your holiday in the blocks and it is a farm afterall.

The farmer Mr Cooper is really a very nice and helpful fellow, if he has come across grumpy to you, then you have probably moaned about the site way too often (some people just go away to complain). Mr Cooper takes pride in his campsite, he's not strict he just wants to keep it nice.

We cannot wait to go back. We love this place. there is another campsite in the village, but its not half as good and your dog is not allowed on that site, silly really as dogs are familly members afterall and that other site isn't even a farm!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jane M
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The campsite was nice, good pitches and basic but clean and working facilities. The location is great for anyone who wants to explore Hope Valley. There's a good walk over Kinder to Blue John's Mines which I thoroughly recommend. Overall a basic but lovely campsite.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lemonade321
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've camped here loads of times, the farmer gets less grumpy each time! I love that he has a character! The walks from here are brilliant and the pub is a great alternative to bbqs. Many a good weekend spent here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rohan R
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have no complaints at all. This place was just the job for what we were after. My husband and I were after a basic camping base from which to do some walking whilst we were kid free (whoop whoop) It's basic, but what can you expect for £13.00 a night. There's hot water in the taps, a decent length shower for 20p, a choice of pitches, most with views of the amazing countryside. We also found the owners to both be lovely, very pleasant and helpful. The great bit about this campsite and the reason we foresee us returning again and again is the fact that you trip and you are in the beautiful countryside, you trip again and you're at a great pub (The Nag's Head). There is also another pub within walking distance, a post office selling drinks, crisps etc and two cafes. We'll be back.....and soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple