“Sunday Dinner”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Decided to try Sunday dinner at the Queens, having ate there before, but only in the evening. I must say it was very good! Couldn't fault the food or service, but I have one small moan though. There is a distinct lack of disabled parking, I think there is enough room in the carpark to accommodate some!Even allowing for that, I will definitely return!!

1  Thank Phil M
Write a reviewReviews (272)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We sat in the garden at lunch time as It was a lovely sunny September day.
I ordered a Chicken and Bacon Salad from the lunchtime menu for £6. It was really delicious with lots of lovely flavours. As well as the chicken and bacon which was cooked really nicely there was also avocado, sun dried tomatoes etc. Every mouthful tasted scrummy. Thank you.

Date of visit: September 2019
AshleyJR81, General Manager at Queens Head, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and taking the time, we really appreciate all feedback glad you enjoyed the salad and the sun while still in sept.

Look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for a Sunday roast with the family. No roast beef available, no roast potatoes or
Yorkshire puddings available. I had the triple roast £11.50 , which was described as hand carved. It was essentially a Finders microwaveable meal. It came cold and had to be warmed up. The meat , veg and potatoes were not fresh. For the price I expected a lot more. Really disappointed and won’t be eating there again.

1  Thank theweapon1

Thank you firstly for taking the time to review your visit with us . Sorry to hear we had run out of roast dinners we do try and keep Sunday dinners on till the end of the night but all depends on demand and on this day, we was very busy and hence sold out of Sunday roast dinner.

My team should of changed the menu back to the full menu to be able to order from so I can only apologise this never happened,

I hope you can give us another try and show you what good looks like.

if you wish to discuss in more detail please feel free to contact me 01332416293 - queenshead.derby@stonegatepubs.com

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Came for a family meal and was fairly disappointed by the limited menu choices especially for someone having to avoid certain things, you'll find almost everything contains butter, milk and smothered in cheese.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your feedback I will pass on your comments to the food team, we do have an extensive menu an menus for vegan and a none gluten containing menu

Please feel free to email me with anymore comments queenshead.derby@stonegatepubs.com

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Decided to have evening meal. We should have known better. We had sharing platter which would have been enough. Platter was excellent. I had the rib of beef.which was well done just as I like. We all ate too much. Doom bar was good. Well worth a visit. Staff very friendly and helpful. Will go again.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to review us.

Glad to hear your had a very good visit - We Hope to see you again soon