Me & my husband have stayed in Bellissimo Hotel in Sept.
If you are looking for friendly, homely & professional place to stay in Mykonos no need to look ny further. This hotel is run by two brothers (Michael & Theo). They took over from their parents who are not retired but still actively involve.
Hotel is about 15min by car from the airport and app 15min bus ride to Mykonos town.
Position of this hotel couldn’t be any better. Hotel is located in the most expensive part of the island. This part of the island is not a windy as the rest of Mykonos due to mountains which protect this area from strong blasts. There is a local shop which belong to the hotel where you can buy water & other bits.
Room- standard room are located on the ground floor and superior (with sea view) are on the first floor. They are basic but very clean and what you need. Shows are very powerful which is great especially if you ladies have got long hair. There is a small fridge in each room which come very handy.
Restaurant / Tavern - belongs to the hotel where your food will be prepared daily. Everything is fresh, all local produce and the most important all food taste great. There are two menus - one for HB basis and one for locals & tourists who would like to eat in the tavern. If you are getting bored with Set HB menu you can always pay a little extra and choose from standard menu. You must try fish from the grill- delicious!!
Another plus of being on HB is you can have either lunch or dinner just let Mike & Theo (brothers who run the business) know before hand.
B/fast is typical Greek, toast, hams, cheese, jams, some cakes, tea &coffee.
Beach - 5min walk down the hill. Lovely sandy beach with 2 restaurants which are open all day long. To hire 2 sun beds with umbrella will cost you €12 per day. This charge may change depending on the season. By paying for the sun beds you can use restaurant facilities such as toilets. Both restaurant are lovely – modern seaside feel through out. Sea water is not to warm but do get in as the water is very clean and jodyn in the water is perfect for your skin to replenish & dehydrate.
Mykonos Town - there is a bus which stops outside the hotel - direct link to Mykonos 15min ride and you there. it will cost you €1.60 per person. Busses run till very late for you can take time in town. There are many many shops in town. Few very nice boutiques and many restaurants & bars which will suit any tastes.
I would highly recommend AVRA restaurant in town. This place is set in home garden which is stunning. Food & service is excellent. Make sure you book beforehand as this place is mega busy or turn up before 7.30pm and they will have some tables as it’s quite early to eat in Greece so all locals will come later on.
There are 3 VIP on the island which you can’t miss. There are Pelicans who are being treated with special care. There are the icons of the island.
Island overall – great place to relax, fab sunsets , great food and great local people who are friendly and welcoming.
Huge thank you to Michael & Theo for their hospitality and friendly welcome. We love it so much we will already planning to go back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellissimo Resort is a newly – built holiday complex, a perfect sample of the traditional Cycladic architecture. Owned and run by people dedicated to provide genuine Greek hospitality, plus all the modern services that will make your holiday as relaxed and laid back as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellissimo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellissimo Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Bellissimo Resort Mykonos, Greece