Based on reviews, we expected very romantic rooms and a nice hotel. Apsenti had even more to offer than we expected.
We were welcomed with wine while our luggage was taken care of, and we were told everything about what to do and how to get there. The common area was beatifully designed, and every little corner or area was cosy and romantic. The pool area had sofas with beach towels and drinks were served on request. The breakfast and dinner area was very nice and cosy, with pool view. Everything was clean and quiet.
We had the room Silky Nest on the 2nd floor with a small balcony wiht a sofa, with part sea and pool view. The room was private wiht noone looking in, and was very romantic, clean and nice with a small hall with wardrobe, a large bedroom and a tiny bathroom. TV, minibar, AC, DVD/CD which played relaxing, romantic music when we arrivced.
At night, hundreds of candles lit up the hotel, and even a candle at every step up to our room on our separate staircase!
The staff was extremly nice and helpful. While in Mykonos, we also stayed at the more expensive and supposedly more luxurious Porto Mykonos hotel in Mykonos town. This had a good location overlooking the port and close to shops and restaurants, but Apsenti definitely gave a more luxuriously feeling and was a lot nicer designed. We were treated like queens and given attention and care at Apsenti, and this is the hotel we want to return to!
When we wanted to go to one of the western beaches (we loved Super Paradise!), the bus stopped right outside in the morning and was never even half full - in a few minutes we were in Ornos, where a small boat took waited for the bus and took us to the various beaches (Paradise, Super Paradise, Psarou (Nammos restaurant was fantastic!) etc.). A lot more convenient than going from Mykonos town to the beaches, in our opinion. The beach Agios Iannis was wihtin walking distance and also nice, with a great beach bar.
We - a Norwegian couple increasingly more in love while at Apsenti - wants to thank Apsenti for a memorable stay. We loved your hotel and the staff, and will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apsenti is a romantic refuge, a white oasis wrapped in ecru curtains with satin blue windows to brighten your days and dozens of lanterns to sweeten your nights. Apsenti figured to pamper couples and help their summer dreams come true. Private hammocks, soft soulfull music all over, hundreds of white candles, the scent of night flowers, relaxing treatments in the oriental spa and discreet candle light dinners will drift your senses to unexpected levels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Apsenti Couples Only - Mykonos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apsenti Couples Only - Mykonos Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Apsenti Couples Only - Mykonos Greece