We stayed one week at the Mykonos Grand in May and, appart from a couple of days with intense winds which were quite unpleasant and tiring, the weather was very nice and warm. Too early to bathe in the sea, though, very unfortunately, because its colours were really inviting and the beach was good!
The good thing about being there early was that the hotel was not at all packed ( nor the city), so everything was calm, and it was easy to find nice places to sunbathe, including some protected from the wind! Great to relax! (But for the ones looking for big party in the city, this season is still too quiet).
In any case the hotel location is perfect. Very near the airport and near the city as well.
We had a room with sea view and were really pleased! There was a small balcony with a table and two chairs, where we could relax and watch the beautiful sunset.
The room was very nice and quite big, and always kept very clean. The elegant marble gave it a nice touch.
The hotel is built in several levels, but if you don't like stairs, there are always lifts.
The pool is really nice and has also the direct impressive view to the island of Delos (worth a trip) and many sun chairs. We didn't use the Spa facilities, but they looked very relaxing.
Breakfast is good with a big and varied choice, there's something for every taste! And it's even better on the veranda, with the view ahead!
We dined at the hotel on the last night, and everything was tasty.
We always bought water and snacks at the small shop near the bus stop, as in the hotel all these things were quite expensive. But at least one cocktail with the beautiful view is compulsory! The island is expensive in general, but we were never really disappointed with the places where we ate. In general, service is good and the standard high.
We walked a couple of times to Ornos Beach, not too far, to eat, and can recommend Ornos restaurant, very trendy terrasse with nice music, and good food.
We mostly took the bus to town, but as sometimes it failed to come, we called a taxi, it's not too expensive and they have fixed prices.
Mykonos is very pretty, just loved the labyrinth streets and the whitness of the whole: perfect for photos! Sunset at the Little Venice is a must!
We hired a Smart one day and did a tour of the island, very nice beaches, even if the island itself is quite small!
We can only recommend this hotel, as we really had a great time and could relax completely. The setting is perfect and the service is good, we would go back anytime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island's most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort's Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 96 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort's facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece