Recently spent a week at the Mykonos Grand celebrating a landmark birthday. Selected the Mykonos Grand over the Santa Marina Hotel on the basis of tripadvisor reviews and the attitude of the reservation staff at both hotels on my initial enquiry. The Grand were interested and helpful, the Santa Marina did not seem that interested..
The location, facilities and rooms of the Grand were exactly what I would expect of a 5 star resort - chic, comfortable and well maintained. Good touches included the gratis sorbet served at your lounger mid afternoon, the sunglasses "cleaner" and the excellent massage.
This is a family owned and run hotel and the standard of service reflects the hands on approach of the family members in evidence all the time. Staff smile, provide friendly unobtrusive service and obviously enjoy working at the hotel. All my guests/friends enjoyed themselves, comparing the hotel favourably to any they had stayed in and loving Mykonos. If you want a great meal in the hotel, try the hotel barbeque menu (greek dishes and fresh fish and meat) cooked on your balcony barbeque by your infinity pool but dont eat much beforehand!! Restaurant, bars, clubs were all well suggested and arranged - great concierge service.
As an interesting comparison, a couple of my guests moved to the Santa Marina Hotel for a business conference after staying at the Grand. Within 20 minutes my friend was complaining to the manager as his wife moved luggage and sunloungers and sought towels whilst rather surly staff looked on without lifting a finger. No prizes for guessing which hotel they will be going back to!! Perhaps not surprising that whilst the Grand was full, the Santa Marina, this once preeminent Mykonos island resort hotel, was only half full. Perhaps other travellers agree with my view. Oh and my friends' room at the Santa Marina was a little tired, more expensive and no infinitypool!!
In short cant think of a place I would rather stay in on my return to Mykonos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island's most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort's Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 96 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort's facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece