My wife and I spent 5 nights at the grand hotel. It is a stunning resort with staff who just made us feel good from the moment we arrived. The views are beautiful, our sea view room was perfect. Four poster bed with a lovely little balcony to watch our own sunset. The breakfast was a highlight and in a gorgeous deck looking over the water. The saltwater swimming pool was also stunning and a private beach sits a comfortable walk a few levels below.
The staff were fantastic. The Reception desk, concierge, bag guys and bus drivers are a superb bunch of wonderful exuberant and hard working ladies and guys. We loved the way they multi-skilled. The friendly old bus driver one night would be helping with the breakfast the next morning. After a while you get a bit confused who's doing what job, but it doesn't matter because everyone pitches in to help the guests anyway they can.
There is a bus into Mykonos town (about 15 minutes) and back with the latest return around 11PM. This was great but we wished it picked up later as Mykonos town just starts to get going after 10. It is so much fun wandering around the vast array of whitewashed streets trying to find your way out.
There are some decent cheaper restaurants 100 metres down the beach but not much else close by. We walked to Ornos beach one day (was told it was 10 minutes but it was more like 30 on a busy road in the heat). There were quite a few beach restaurants there but other than that the location feels a bit isolated. Driving would open up the island much more but it is a tight place to drive.
Overall, this place is a special resort with special staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island’s most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort’s Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 100 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort’s facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Otel, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece