We were brought into the VIP check-in area upon arrival and were handed a glass of champagne while we learned about the hotel and the surrounding area. The lady checking us in was very friendly and recommended restaurants and sites to see around the island. She also took us on a tour of the hotel and to our room. It was a fantastic start to the stay, despite the rain.
We were on our honeymoon, and we were upgraded from the sea view room to a suite! The room had a great view of the sea and a balcony with a table and a bathtub. There was a separate living room area with its own TV and a window with a view. The main part of the room was very large, with a bathtub and a shower/steam area.
The breakfast at this hotel was wonderful! It is an "American" buffet breakfast with champagne. They had someone there to make omelettes, scrambles, eggs, etc to order. They had a great selection of meats, cheeses, yogurt, cereal, fruit and several other foods. We sat out on the terrace where we had a view of the hotel pool and of the sea. It was very relaxing and a great way to start each day.
Without writing a super long review, I want to talk about some of the things that make this hotel so great. First of all, the entire staff is so friendly and they were there if you needed anything. The service was amazing. We loved the private hotel beach - there are lounges and umbrellas and we definitely enjoyed our time there. The pool is huge (but the water is cold!) and you can lounge around and enjoy the view of the sea. They also have a hot tub and a huge bar/restaurant so you can order drinks while you sit by the pool. We also took advantage of the hotel bar. The cocktails aren't cheap, but they were amazing! They had snacks ready for you as soon as you sat down. Finally, the hotel had free wifi that worked very well and we had no issues during out stay.
The location of the hotel was really nice. We liked being away from Mykonos Town and close to the beach, but we also wanted to be able to go into town to eat, shop and explore. The hotel has a free shuttle that runs back and forth in the evenings (I believe there was one at 7, 8, 9 and 10, and returned from town at 10 minutes past the hour). It was really convenient for when we wanted to go back into town for dinner. The hotel is also really close (a couple of minutes walking) to the local bus stop. It's really cheap and easy to go into town that way. If you want to come back and the timing isn't right, the taxi back is less than 10 euros. We went in October so we never had to wait for a taxi. The hotel also has free pick ups and drop offs from the airport/port/wherever which was really helpful. We had someone waiting for us at the airport and we easily arranged for a shuttle to take us to the port so we could catch our ferry.
We will definitely stay here next time we are in Mykonos. We were not there for very long so we didn't take advantage of many of the other things the hotel offered - spa, gym, other sports facilities, movie rentals, the restaurant, etc. We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mykonos Grand is a unique resort on Mykonos, on one of the island's most famous beaches Ayios Yiannis known for the glorious sunsets. The resort's Cycladic architecture of cube shaped whitewashed buildings linked by pathways and terraces is combined with classic interior ambience. The hotel offers 96 bedrooms and suites including Superior rooms and luxurious Suites with private pools. The resort's facilities include an outstanding spa, tennis and squash courts, an impressive stone-built amphitheatre for inspiring yoga sessions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mykonos Grand Hotel And Resort
- Mykonos Grand Hotel Agios Ioannis
- Mykonos Grand Resort
- Grand Hotel Mykonos
- Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort Greece