“Mykonos Grand Hotel”

Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Beautiful hotel. Worth paying a little more for a seaview room with a balcony. Ours was lovely, great outlook with a hanging cane chair on the balcony. Have been away for 6 weeks and this hotel had the most comfy beds out of anywhere we stayed. Breakfast was also the best we had. Service was really spot on. Only down side was wasting time trying to get a quad bike to explore Mykonos...make sure you organise one before you leave home. We wasted about 3 hours (not the hotels fault) although the fellow hiring them was set up in their foyer. They could perhaps find a better company to use. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a seaview with a balcony
1  Thank SunnyCoastGirl_11

Reviewed October 8, 2011

This was our first trip to mykonos and we werent disappointed. the staff were a credit to the hotel and nothing too much trouble .The room was clean with little "gifts" delivered every night .One slight criticism was the air conditioning wasnt very good or efficient and the shower had a curtain instead of a door.The breakfast was fantastic with great views looking over the sea.The pool area was great with a bit of a scramble in the mornings to reserve the best beds, the beach area was very disappointing with a tiny piece of sand and about 20 sun beds crammed on it.We reserved the luxury limo from the airport but to be honest its not worth the money as the local taxis are plentiful and much much cheaper olus its only 10 minutes to the hotel.We hired a car for one day to have a look around and i thoroughly recommend it.We also found a small "shop" down the road (left out of the hotel then left down the hill for about 10 minutes) which was good for water a few beers and other essentials plus the restaurant next door Bellissima was excellent. All in all we will probably return next year as its so peaceful there and a great place to unwind and relax. One last thing the free WiFi was very handy

Room Tip: we stayed on the second floor
2  Thank quorny
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is a very good hotel. Not an amazing hotel. Please check your expectaions or you may be dissapointed like we were. The rooms are not grand...the food is not amazing but they are both good. Some staff great some not so much (like the pool staff)
The little touches like gifts and movie night are nice but like I said...this is a pretty standard nice hotel. I would recommend it, but would never say "you MUST stay here".
If we didn't have a car we would have been very unhappy. The bus service is a bit of a joke. Mykonos is a late night town. You will never be ready to go back to your room at 10pm.

BTW, LOVED Mykonos. So glad we ended are honeymoon there. Make sure you explore it.

5  Thank SoCal2NYC
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed 5 nights in this hotel in a sea view room.
What can I say except this hotel is perfect, excellent breakfast, good food, you have the beach, the pool, clean and spacious rooms, a nice fitness center, a shuttle to go to the city and the staff is very professional and helpful ( excursions, restaurants recommendations, etc...)

2  Thank Patrick A
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My wife and I recently spent 5 days at this hotel. We have travelled extensively but felt it was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. The rooms were spotless, well decorated and had a fabulous sea view. the pool area was large with plenty of lounges. The breakfasts were fabulous.
Most importantly, the staff were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble and they were always helpful and friendly. This just kept coming out and makes for an enjoyable stay.
The hotel wasn't cheap but we would recommend it strongly to anyone.

Room Tip: I think they are all probably good rooms !
3  Thank ManagementSydney
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I arrived at the Mykonos Grand Hotel after spending 2 days in another 5 star hotel on the island. I'm glad I did it this way, because this one, my 2nd, was without a doubt, my favorite! The other hotel asked what they could do for you, this hotel just did it before you could have ever thought of it!

As stiff and formal as the other hotel was, this one was warm and welcoming. The elegance was apparent, but not all there was. The staff was friendly and thorough. I arrived still quite sick with an obvious miserable cold and everyone offered help, be it a medicine or 'grandma's cure'! I felt very comfortable and safe. I have never been to a hotel that has spoiled me this much, and I have been to other 5 star hotels around Europe!

I wanted to visit the beach but it is a steep walk and I have walking difficulties so Theodore, who I assume is one of the managers, said he wasn't too busy and he would drive me to the beach! Amazing! I got ready and headed down and just spent an hour soaking up the beauty and peace there. Someone arrived to pick me up as we arranged and I was soon back in my room with a view! The hotel is built in a very interesting way and each part is about 3 levels and you follow a gorgeous path from one to the other and then get to the elevators and proceed to your destination. I was lost, and found, a few different times! EVERY member of the staff I passed, said hello with a smile and welcomed me. It was as though they knew every guest and who had just arrived. I felt very special and spoiled! The 2nd day there I was able to just relax all day and was in a cabana by the pool and again the service was impeccable. Whether it was a pool person handing me a frozen wash cloth to cool off or handing me orange slices, I felt that I had indeed arrived in paradise!

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! The breakfast was phenomenal, so much better than the the other hotel, both in choices and tastes. The dining area is open and the breeze is a welcome part of the ambience. I found this a lot in Mykonos, but here it just seemed special! Someone is always offering you something and with my cold I was offered peppermint tea and honey and it was perfect.

I had a seaview room and it was lovely! My balcony was rather small but I was alone so that was okay. The room was a nice size and I loved the overall look of it, truly beautiful with a warmth that was welcoming. I was given a list pages long of dvd's available that would be delivered at my request. There was a technology box filled with adapters and cords. In the evening there was a tray of items that might be needed, including reading lights. I'm not sure I can even rememer all the things that were offered. On the coffee table there was a liquer that was suggested as a nice before bed drink along with 2 traditional Greek pastries. Each night I got to the room there was a gift, once it was chocolates and the last night I got lovely little blue and white people that were salt and pepper shakers. The gifts and surprises were just a delightful touch to an already perfect experience!

The hotel is 4 km from Mykonos Town and they have free shuttles that go in the evenings on the hour and bring you back at 10 minutes after the hour. It is a 10 euro taxi ride to town. I wish there were transportation available during the days too with the shuttle, but I guess it probably isn't necessary because why would one ever want to leave the property anyway! They offered free pick up and drop off for arrivals and departures which is a very nice offer and they were quite punctual also.

I really can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel! I recommend it with no hesitation at all. Being spoiled is what a trip like this is about, at least for me. Did I mention how spoiled I felt from beginning to end?!

Thank you Mykonos Grand for providing me with the perfect setting to experience my paradise! I plan to return, to experience this more than once! I hope others find the same is true for them.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the incredible view from my sea view room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank trvlr8000
Reviewed September 28, 2011

From pick up at the airport to drop off at the port, our Mykonos Grand experience was top notch. It is a well organized, professionally run, and well kept hotel with excellent and personal service.

The great: room was modern and well appointed (sea view superior); bed was very comfortable; solid a/c; L'Occitane toiletries; complimentary DVDs (though we didn't use); a/v connections for your portable media player; EXCELLENT buffet breakfast (and restaurant in general); beautiful and very hip grounds; private, swimmable beach; nicely equipped gym and spa facilities.

The good: pool is nice and large, but when we jumped in we were a bit overwhelmed with chemicals and never went back in. Could be a one time thing? Don't know.

The okay: prices at the restaurant are a bit high and prices for cocktails at the pool bar are far too high (14 euro for an average Martini! Stick to a 5 euro glass of wine); service at the pool bar seemed much less personal and friendly than at other areas of the hotel.

We had one minor problem with the steam shower. It makes so much steam that when we opened the door once or twice to go in/out, the amount of steam that escaped into the room somehow short circuited some of the electrics (probably recessed ceiling lights) and tripped the circuit breakers leaving us in complete darkness, wet, and searching for the phone to call the front desk. Once we figured out what the problem was, we were just more careful with the steam shower and didn't experience that issue again.

Really the best thing about this hotel is the small things and the personal touches. We ran into the lady who checked us in over the next few days and each time she remembered us, stopped to chat, gave us recommendations, and just generally showed interest in our visit. The turn down service brought us little gifts each night. The front desk even had little jogging maps outlining 3 or 4 routes around the area and their distances.

We did Mykonos and Santorini on this trip and, in hindsight, would've spent more time at this hotel in Mykonos and less in Santorini.

We'll be back!

Anax Resort & Spa
#2 of 13 in Agios Ioannis Diakoftis
Myconian Villa Collection
Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA

Been to Mykonos Grand Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!