“Fantastic stay in a beautiful setting”
Review of Panthea Residence

and 1 more site!
Panthea Residence
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My friend and I spent a week in Mykonos at the beginning of August and our stay at the Panthea Residence contributed to it being a fantastic holiday. Isabella is a wonderful hostess and did everything to make our stay an enjoyable one (even searching out iphone chargers for us!). The housekeeper is also fantastic and our accommodation was cleaned every day to an exceptionally high standard. This is the perfect place to stay outside of Mykonos town and is right next to a beautiful beach. Being in Agios Iannis did not prevent us from enjoying the nightlife, the bus stops just outside the residence and we made it into Mykonos Town every night - in fact we felt we had the best of both worlds. I cannot recommend the Panthea Residence highly enough, a perfect location with beautiful views and a fantastic owner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kmac1279

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The owner, Isabella, took care of everything for us (car rental, food delivery, extra towels, ...) with a very personal touch. We really felt like home. This property is perfect if you want to enjoy Mykonos in a more relaxed way. The location is not that close to the city center but buses run regularly (stop right in fron of the hotel). A very calm beach is just a few steps away. Breathtaking view from the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

if you are looking for a more relaxed and laid back hotel this is the best choice. Isabella the owner is a great lady, she helped me rent a scooter for my trip. The house keeper was a very sweet lady and kept my hotel room perfect.
I will be coming back here next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have just returned from my wedding on Mykonos at Saint John hotel, about a 5 minute walk from Panthea Residence. Although I did not stay here myself, we put up many guests and all our family members here, so my review is really their combined review that I have been hearing about since their stay.

First and foremost, Isabella, who runs the place, may just be a walking, living saint. She has gone far far above and beyond her call of duty in helping every single person with their many weird and wonderful requests and queries. Isabella, my family won't stop raving about you and I am so grateful you looked after them so well.

The hotel itself is an incredible find, fantastic value for money and everything you need if you are on Mykonos not for the luxury of the indoors, but rather to have a comfortable and lovely place to stay, with a great access to beaches and Mykonos Town, and magical views at night.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough, the love and care it is run with shows in every way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JelsandDoobs
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and I honeymooned here in September 2011 and we reallly enjoyed our stay here. The room we stayed in was very nice, clean, quiet and spacious, and location wise, this place was perfect for us, (beach and restaurants across the street, and a short drive to Mykonos Town.) The customer service was outstanding. I think the woman working during our visit was named Isabella, and she was so friendly and accommodating. We had a lot of questions re: which beaches to go to, where to eat, etc. and she was so patient and happy to answer our questions. Isabella picked us up from the airport, dropped us off to the ferry and helped book a 4-wheeler for us. The four wheeler was awesome and it was very easy for us to get around town in it. There is no need for a car in Mykonos so save your money and rent a 4-wheeler. They are more fun to drive and easier to park, too. If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Mykonos, this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I have been in Mykonos for theree times in my life, since year 2000 and this is probably the best sport I tried. We spent three nights in Panthea at the beginning of August 2011. The residence is a bunch of villas overlooking the beautiful sea in front of Agios Ioannis. Our room was big, nice, spacious and very clean. We had a table outside in a small private terrace, the best spot for nice breakfasts or nice happy hours in front of the sunset. In our opinion, the beach of Agios Ioannis is the quietest and probably the best in the island, just two minutes from the hotel. Two incredible restaurants are there (rare thing in Mykonos...Hippie Fish and Pulè). This residence and its manager Isabela are the best best in Mykonos.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Warpa
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stayed here mid-May during my first trip to Mykonos. If having a beautiful, spacious room with great accommodations is your top priority, I highly recommend this hotel. The rooms and views are simply elegant, and the couple that runs it were very helpful in making the stay enjoyable(food tips, booking scooters, etc). 5 stars for cleanliness, every single day. The room and service were excellent, even if the pool was a tad small and nothing to write home about. If you plan to party hardy in town, Paradise beach, etc., each night... this isn't the place to stay.

Nearby, note the amazing bakery (where I got rather fat) you'll hit when at the 1st 3way intersection when you first hit all the businesses toward town... amazing sandwiches and other treats... it's beside the laundromat in a 2-story building when you first hit all the businesses. Upstairs from the bakery, there's an amazing cafe that's great for starting the day on a chill note.

For the price, I'd recommend Panthea over other beachfront hotels at crowded, more popular beaches to the east(a short trip, if you're smart and rent a 4-wheeler). I love this place b/c it's both away from Mykonos Town proper(cruise ships, need I say more?) and also away from the overly-popular(fabulous people-watching) beaches to the east, which are great to visit later in the day(but no one enjoys worrying about securing a beach chair at noon on a holiday).

Check out the free(only in early season?) beach chairs one minute's walk down from the hotel at the beautiful(though pebbly) Agos Iannis beach, but also make sure you don't miss out on the somewhat hidden swimming beach down and road, past the tiny church nearby(past the pizza place, etc.) which is great for solitude despite a lack of umbrellas. Ornos beach is about 3 minutes away and is also great for swimming.

Regarding food, I thoroughly enjoyed all the restaurants on all the beaches in Mykonos! In particular, Platis G(Hotel Rochari... ask for an octopus salad... it'll be the softest/best you'll ever have), Psarou and beautiful Elia beaches. I also thoroughly enjoyed a restaurant I ran into in the middle of nowhere where the town's few locals actually seem to eat, in Ano Mera(the "stuffed veal" was to-die-for).

Warning: they have the dreaded detachable shower heads that so many mid-range european spots seem to adore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
#1 of 12 in Agios Ioannis Diakoftis
Bill & Coo Coast Suites
Bill & Coo Coast Suites
#7 of 12 in Agios Ioannis Diakoftis

Been to Panthea Residence? Share your experiences!