We stayed here with our family for 3 nights in August. Pick-up from the port was complimentary and upon arrival we were welcomed on the terrace with a drink and some lovely olives that Yiannis' mother prepared. They have done everything they can to give the hotel a warm and welcome feeling. The rooms were small, but functional and comfortable. Every room has a balcony or terrace. Everything was very clean (which is something we found nearly everywhere we went around the Cyclades).
The pool is large and clean. Breakfast is very good considering it is only 6 euros.
Only the location was slightly disappointing as far as I was concerned. It is located at the outer side of Agios Prokopios, a little off the road. Of course you can walk into "town" along the road, but it there is quite a lot of traffic and in the evening it just is very dark. Right at the end of the road is a bus stop for the bus to Naxos town, which is convenient.
You can walk to the beach in about 10 to 15 minutes, but you have to walk along a trail that does indeed pass some goats, but it is a dirty trail to travel. Lots of junk and debris you have to pass and the worst of it is that you have to walk along the so-called "Red Lake", which has nothing to do with a lake, but is a large pool of shallow water that literally stinks so badly that it wouldn't surprise me if there were several dead bodies in there in advanced stages of putrefaction. Really, that bad. Good thing: in Villa Adriana you don't smell a thing, also upwind: same story. But if you choose to relax on the beach downwind from this lake, go really a little further until the smell is gone. When the wind is strong you even smell it on the terraces of the first few restaurants.
My advice is to rent a car ( they bring the car to Villa Adriana) and check out some of the other beaches (Agios Anna) or Plaka. Also drive around the island, because we thought it was one of the most beautiful and unspoiled of the islands we visited. With a car staying in Adriana will be a treat ( with good value for money as well).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Adriana is a family managed hotel situated on a quiet location of Agios Prokopios on Naxos Island and offers a wonderful view of white sandy beaches. It is ideal for families, young and old, for everyone. It offers standard and superior rooms and studios, standard and superior apartments and luxurious suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Villa Adriana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adriana Hotel Agios Prokopios
- Hotel Villa Adriana Naxos/Agios Prokopios