“Nice Hotel, Avoid the old apartments only, next to the main road”
Review of Birikos Studios

Birikos Studios
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Agios Prokopios
Athens, Greece
“Nice Hotel, Avoid the old apartments only, next to the main road”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The fridge door was broken and it was full of ice inside. The shower had also a problem, and the answer to that was: "Whatever you afford, you get" Unprofessional indeed. Therefore the other birikos apartments were very nice, so avoid the old ones on the left of the entrance. Additionally the sheets were not changed in a period of 4 days. only the towels were.
The pool was nice.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michael_Marinakis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The owner was nice and kind and good service but they didnt speak very good english. The room were small and unfortunatly not very wel cleaned (the floor felt dirty wich was a bit disturbing). No cleaning every day. The garden and hotel area were beautiful and maybe 7 minutes walk to the beach. We got the cheapest room so if you dont want it too simple, I would recommend you not to take that one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sofie K
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2011

we stayed for 5 nights with our 3 children and had a wonderful holiday. The location is perfect, 5 mins walk to the best beaches in Greece, shops and restaurants. We had a large apartment with 2 big balconies and room for a table inside as well. well stocked kitchen and large bed rooms. The standard of quality was high. The pool was perfect with more beds than was needed. Marie and her family always around to attend our every need. We will return and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank benmillie
Brighton
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had a fabulous holiday at the Birikos. After much trawling of the internet, I know we chose the right place. Firstly, owner Maria and her family were lovely. Without being intrusive, they were always there with a friendly smile and responded to any requests immediately. The location is perfect, set back from the road (not that it's at all noisy) and just a minute's walk to the shop where you can buy everything you need. A couple more minutes walk takes you to the beautiful Prokopios beach where there's a number of restaurants and bars - not too many, just enough to give you a choice each night. The bus into Naxos Town stops right outside the Birikos, taking about 15 minutes, and as the last bus back isn't until 2am you can easily go there for a bigger night out. The two best things about the Birikos are the swimming pool and the private balconies. The pool is big enough to swim in without feeling cramped (other hotels in Naxos of the same price range seemed to have rather small pools) and it was never over crowded. Most of the other people there were French or German and whilst they were all having fun, there was no overly boisterous behaviour (ie no Brits drinking pints!). We really felt that we were having that special holiday experience round this pool that only Greece can deliver (in our opinion). Our balcony was absolutely perfect, completely stand-alone with no-one either side. You'll see from the pictures that all the rooms are designed like this with their own steps and areas - this was a major attraction for us! Lemon trees, bougainvillea and trees full of singing birds surround the rooms - heavenly. The rooms themselves are fine, not luxury, but all you need and are well cleaned every other day. Naxos is a fabulous place for a holiday, there's nothing not to like. We arrived by ferry from Piraeus, which is another great experience, and went on a day trip to Santorini, also not to be missed. All in all, it's 10 out of 10 for the Birikos and Naxos!

Room Tip: The bigger rooms on the first floor rooms have the lovely balconies
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank cathymtully
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Birikos is a 20min bus ride from the port to Agios Prokopios. The bus is a mere 1.60euros each and takes you to the beach area. From there Birikos is only a 2min walk back up the street. Very easy to find as it has the best pool you can see! The family that run the place have had a lot of mention on here for good reason. They are very natural and friendly. We were treated to freshly cut watermelon on arrival there, which we were told they grew in their garden (a nice hospitable touch!) The hotel and pool were kept very clean indeed. Our room was only 56euros a night and we had a cute balcony big enough for breakfast for two. Our room’s tv was tiny but the fridge was a decent size, which was excellent news as we had spotted the next-door supermarket. The rooms were indicative of the price paid, but comfy and great as a base for your stay. The pool, as mentioned, is a highlight for this property. It’s lovely and deep and has a little diving board and plenty of sun loungers. The hotel snack bar is open till 11pm. They do good basic fast food there. Wifi was very slow from our room, but we managed. There are supermarkets, laundromats (8euro for a load washed, dried, and folded), car rentals and restaurants just a stone’s throw away from Birikos. We were gob-smacked at how easy it all was there! An excellent location! The beach was fabulous! Azure blue waters and so crisp and clean. This hotel comes highly recommended by us. And so too does Naxos island. On our final day we didn’t have to catch the ferry till late afternoon, so Maria (lovely host) stored our bags in a safe place for us until we were ready to leave. It’s all very, very easy in Naxos - a wonderful choice for a chilled out holiday!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smarty18
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This hotel was a 2 minute walk to one of the best beaches in Greece! The service at the hotel was fantastic, however the room I stayed in was budget/pension style which I was t happy about. My room was leaned every single day which I felt was disgusting considering no one came to at least sweep and empty the bin, especially if they expect you to place your used toilet paper in the bin. I think the room should be cleaned daily. There were creepy crawlies which I hated but my doors opened to a garden, nonetheless a fly screen should be installed. I could hear the people upstairs and next door. The service from Maria and the team was sensational. I'd stay here again only if I was after pension style hotel, otherwise I'd pay extra to stay at more star quality hotel. Great for what you pay for!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I called them up to check availability for the dates I was interested in. They told me they had no availability and that was fine with me, but since I am flexible with my dates I asked them for the dates they had availability.
There answer was: "I am busy and I cannot help you!!!!" and they actually hung up the phone on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I have to say is that, that is completely unprofessional .

Keep up the good work guys I am pretty sure you will be getting lots of business with this kind of attitude!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
#5 of 21 in Agios Prokopios
Hotel Proteas
Hotel Proteas
#14 of 21 in Agios Prokopios

Been to Birikos Studios? Share your experiences!