“Excellent taverna - never had a bad meal there yet!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anesis Spiros

Anesis Spiros
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent taverna - never had a bad meal there yet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is one of our favourite restaurants and we love going back there. We love going into the kitchen to choose our meal rather than looking at a menu and the food is always well prepared and delicious. It's probably also one of the cheapest places to eat in Ag Prok and provides excellent value for money. The staff are friendly and obliging - when we found the barrel (open) wine a little on the powerful side they changed it for the white (very pleasant) with no fuss at all. The Veal Stiphado I had on my second visit there this year was probably the best meal of my holiday. The only minor complaint about the restaurant concerns the music bar next door which was a little loud. It's maybe something the Anesis management will have to address.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pete L

• Greek first
Athens, Greece
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The restaurand overall wasn't something special. It's a good choice for something quick near that area. We were a party of 6 and we've ordered several salads ( were good ), 4 dishes with fresh meat ( below average ) , 3 dishes with traditional coocked food ( were good), French fries (premade, frozed), several other dishes ( like fried local cheese, were good) and 10 drinks.

The service was average, seemed that they could use some vacations themselves.

The restaurant was cheap after all, we paid 12 €/per.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“I had better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I read the reviews and was excited to try this place. The known name, I believe, is Anesis Spiros. It is the last taverna on the beach. We were seated in an area that wasn't ideal, as you could smell the stench of the dumpsters when the wind blew. We order a couple appetizers and the Naxos cheese tasted "off". My kids wouldn't eat a second bite and my husband and I didn't finish it. The water glass my husband got was cracked, the oil jar had not been wiped down and slipped out of my hand when I went to use it, splattering oil on our clothes. Needless to stay, we didn't stay for main dishes. We connected with a couple next to us, who also had complaints about their food and didn't finish their meal. Later that night, I got sick. I don't like to make accusations, but the timing makes me wonder. I wouldn't go here again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thorn40
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Taverna to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've eaten in more greek tavernas over the years than I care to remember. This one stands out as one of the better ones. Meats succulent and cooked to perfection, salads delicious (tomatoes from their own vegetable garden simply the best I've ever tasted.) Excellent all round and with prompt smiling service from the staff. Can't recommend it highly enough for good quality well cooked greek food.

• Visited July 2013
West Mids UK
“The best souvlaki yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and i both opted for the mixed souvlaki - it was spot on. Great service and a lovely setting, the house wine is reasonably priced and drinkable too. Well worth a visit.

Visited June 2013