“Returning back to Naxos' best kept secret - a luxury home away from home!”
Review of Naxian Collection

Naxian Collection
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Agios Prokopios
London
“Returning back to Naxos' best kept secret - a luxury home away from home!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

From the moment we drive into the Naxian Collection driveway and up to the stylish and contemporary Cyclades villas ..I feel instantly relaxed and miles away from busy city living.
You will never get a warmer welcome than you will receive here from the owners Ioannis and Maria who will make your stay as comfortable and 'local' as possible.
I am always blown away by the breathtaking views and crystal clear pools - ever inviting after a long flight and hot day!
You have the freedom and peace to come and go in a private villa environment but then have the staff at your beck and call for anything you may need to make your trip more enjoyable - this is a unique experience I have never found anywhere else in my years of traveling.
The breakfast is bountiful and homemade with all local ingredients from Maria's Father's farm. The mulberry and fig jams are particularly delicious!! In true Greek fashion, a surplus of food is always on offer to help kick-start your day. As everything is made fresh and from mainly local incredients it is important to request in advance any other meals throughout your day and served in your villa should you wish to take advantage of this. Be sure to try Maria and her team's home cooking.
The local town is quaint and less busy or touristy than other island neighbors.
I always leave feeling like I have had a truly authentic experience and wanting to come back soon!
Thanks again for having me!

Room Tip: Pool villas are spacious and luxurious with a blend of traditional and contemporary style.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
GREECE
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We could not imagine that we can find in Naxos such luxury! This place is a gem with quality, outstanding staff, excellent location. Our villa was very well decorated and had a private swimming pool. The kitchen was fully equipted and the view from our terrace was fantastic. The breakfast was amazing: fresh pies, delicious local cheeses, very tasty sweets. The service was excellent! The staff was very polite and helpful and they did their best to please us. We had wonderful time as the weather in October was very warm so we had the opportunity to enjoy the sea in the nearby beaches. We went for snorkeling and we really enjoyed the warm sea temperature. For me, my husband and our 4 years old girl there is no better place to stay in Naxos! We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ANASTASIAGR
Florence, Italy
Reviewed October 29, 2012

First, I would like to say, this is a beautiful set of villas. We had no issues at all with the villa itself, the property, the breakfast etc. In all regards, those things were wonderful. We also found Ioannis to be very helpful when needed for something important (we got sick, he called the doctor and helped us a great deal, we would have been VERY lost without him) he was right there. However, what we did have issue with is the offered services and the promises that were not delivered.

We came here mid-October for our honeymoon. Before we arrived, I emailed multiple times asking about the activities, listed on their website. I should have known there was a problem when I never got a response but I figured, oh well, we will book the activities (couples massage, horseback riding with picnic, spa bath experience etc) when we arrive. The problem was, when we arrived, almost everything was closed for the season. We both felt completely mislead. None of the events we wanted to do (except two: couples dinner and horseback riding) were available. We couldn't go snorkeling, we couldn't have our spa bath, we couldn't even have a couples massage! As Ioannis lives on the island year round, he would have KNOWN these things wouldn't be offered when we came. My issue is, I specifically asked about them, they were and still are advertised on the website and then we couldn't do them once we got there and had already paid in full for our stay. Also, I re-read my emails from Ioannis and I had let them know we were on our honeymoon, and I requested wine and flowers on arrival. We never got our wine or flowers. I even re-requested it the day of arrival (when we realized there were not any in the room) and he said they would arrange something...it never happened.
We also didn't like that to do or get anything, you need a car. Having stayed in luxurious places before, there should be certain amenities available to the guests at the resort. Want a bottle of wine at 8pm to enjoy on your patio? Better pay 10 bucks for a taxi or drive your rental into the port because there is no where to get it on property or even near the property. As another example, we were sick for part of the trip and ran out of water and thankfully Ioannis refilled our bottles for us with purified water (not without a short lecture on the price of water) but if he hadn't we wouldn't have been able to drink anything as you can't drink the tap and we were too sick to go into the city. Even getting the water from him was a process though...to get the water, we had to call to make sure he was home, then take our previously purchased (in the port) water bottles and go refill them at his apartment...to me that is not luxury. Luxury is having everything we need easily available, not having to wait hours without bottled water for the owner to come back home. Or if you get hungry at 3am because of jet lag- there is no 24/hr kitchen or room service available (again to me, this is a sign of true luxury- whatever you need, when you need it). These may seem like small things, but it was compounded by the fact that we didn't get to do the things we set out to do as everything was closed so we spent a lot of time at the resort. We were there for what was supposed to be the most romantic trip of our lives and in terms of romance and luxury, we had more done for us at 3-4 star hotels in Santorini and Athens. Lastly, in the emails we were promised complimentary service to and from the resort for arrival and departure from the island. However, we had to pay for our trip to the airport. I still have it in writing were it says, BOTH trips were to be paid by the resort, yet we paid one way. I have no problem paying for our own trip, but don't tell me ahead of time it is free, then not follow through. It was these little disparities between what was advertised, what was offered, what was available and done for us that made it just an average stay.

That all said, I don't mean this isn't a lovely place or somewhere not worth going to (it is a beautiful place situated on a lovely island), I would just not recommend going during the off season (Oct. 1-?) or if you are truly expecting or craving 5 star luxury.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Rachele S
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We basically went to Naxos because of what we read of the luxurious Naxian Collection (where we stayed for 3 nights and 4 days), and are now inspired by this jewel of a place. As soon as we got off the ferry, a complimentary driver drove us to Naxian Collection, where we were met by Ioannis, who told us to "please, sit" and enjoy the Naxian liquer, his blood orange treat, and a wonderful orientation to the island. He told us, "if you need anything just ask" and he wasn't kidding! He obviously believes in quality, luxury, hospitality, and sustainability, and your experience will inspire you with these concepts.

This man is very well connected, and he had a rental car sent to us that first evening. Unfortunately, it was a manual car and we only drive automatic, but his right hand man, Kostas, even tried to give my husband a lesson in how to drive a manual car! It was very funny and sweet. We eventually got this changed to an automatic car with Kostas' help.

On our second day, after we got back from a village tour, Ioannis gave us a taste of Greek hospitality; he was having a pot of braised beef spaghetti and wine with Kostas and their buddies, and urged us to eat, drink and be merry with them. The organic wine was made by his father from his own grapes, and it was delicious to my trained tongue!

Kostas seems to know the island so well, that he urged us to skip the pool that afternoon and go straight to the beach, as "the sea will not be like it will tonight again--a north wind is coming"; he was dead on! That evening swim and sunset was amazing, and the next day was a bit windier. At my request, he also showed me Ioannis' vegetable garden on my birthday, and gave us two melons to bring back.

The ladies Foteini and Ms. Sophia provided us with a decadent breakfast every morning, and even cooked a special birthday dinner for me which we enjoyed on our private deck (amidst 6 beautiful lanterns). We opted for traditional veal in lemon sauce, rice, and peppers and eggplant cooked with feta, and it was hearty and lovely. Ms. Sophia also made me a beautiful tiramisu birthday cake. Foteini later gave me a taste of the desert fruit marmalade she made, as I had been asking Kostas and Ioannis what it tastes like days before.

Which brings me to the premises...breathtakingly beautiful. Clean, modern, luxurious; Ioannis has taste! Without even mentioning it, we were given an upgrade to a two bedroom luxury suite, which was massive and made of marble. There was tv in the living room, fresh fruit in the dining room, a nice kitchen, two grand bathrooms; the only thing is, use the robe as others might see you naked, especially as you walk up the spiral staircase where there are cutout windows, and even in the upstairs bath (where there are no curtains).

We enjoyed the pristine pool, and suntanning lounge-chairs, as well as the superjet hot-tub, which we went in for a dip on my birthday after the romantic dinner. The best part, however, are the views of the Stelida (wetlands) and mountains in the backdrop.

The others on our tourbus said "oh my that's some breakfast, you have beautiful views, you have a private pool?" Yes to all and then some--and with personable and luxury service, this is the best place that I've ever stayed, and I have finally found a place that I will look forward to returning to time and again.

I love the Naxian Collection, and if you enjoy quality you will too. You guys are awesome! Keep it up!

Room Tip: There is one luxury villa with an unobstructed view; we didn't get it, but that will be the best...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 19, 2012

First time I've written in tripadvisor and I'm glad it's for this place. The villas are clean, bright and certainly large enough for a family of four. Nothing is too much trouble for Ioannis and the staff. Always giving us names of terrific restaurants and clubs... for the kids. Felt completely safe letting the girls out on their own as Ioannis told them to mention his name if they were in any trouble and they would be brought home safely. We had a taxi driver (Brutus/Burno... sorry forgot his name) and he also ensured they got home safe. Breakfast was... FABULOUS! Everyday was something new but of course had your basics. I always figure you can tell a good restaurant by their orange juice and theirs was great! I didn't see any luxury hotels, in the area of Stelida, Agios Prokopios or Agia Anna, that were actually on the beaches. Naxian Collection is close to the beach but also to the town, which was just perfect because it gave you the peace and quiet but also convenience. Did I mention the pool?!?! It took me three days to tear myself from it and go to the beach!!!! Wonderful holiday. I would DEFINITELY go back.

Oh yes one other thing... I left my jewellry behind (I thought I had lost it somewhere else) and Ioannis contacted me to let me know and is sending it back. So add honest to the list of great things about Naxian Collection.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
Reviewed September 16, 2012

As per the previous reviews we also had a wonderful stay in the honeymoon villa. We cannot recommend Naxian collection enough, the staff, food and accomodation were just perfect.
We hired a scooter for our first week to just go to the local beaches and restaurants and then for our 2nd week we hired a car and drove into the mountains and saw some wonderful sights. We also found a lovely quiet beach with good snorkelling called Mikri Vigla (or something like that!) We also drove into town to have dinner and loved the Labryinth restaurant, the Mousaka was stunning!
Thank you for making our honeymoon perfect!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CRETE
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I think that this hotel is a jewel for Naxos as it is offering a luxury accomodation and service. It is brand new complex, very well decorated with great views to the beaches and to Naxos town. The villa had all the neccesary amenities, (even an espresso machine in the kitchen) a private swimming pool and a jaccuzzi in the main bathroom. The breakfast was delicious, unique, innovative, with local products and new recipies every morning. The personnel was very helpful, friendly, smiling and professional. Naxion Collection exceeded my expectations. I am impressed!

Room Tip: all the villas are great!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 21 in Agios Prokopios
Lagos Mare
Lagos Mare
#6 of 21 in Agios Prokopios

Been to Naxian Collection? Share your experiences!