Stayed at Naxian Collection for a week in late June, and it was perfect. Not much I can add that doesn't echo the others -- this truly is the finest accommodation in Naxos, if not the Cyclades. The room I stayed in was the Grande Suite, just off the reception building. Semi-private pool, gorgeous room (bed was beyond comfy), two balconies. Just amazing. The complimentary breakfast served every day is enormous, and some night Ioannis and Maria had impromptu barbecues, which made for a lovely, sociable evening with the island's friendliest innkeepers.
On the subject of food: Maria is an amazing cook. Do yourself a favor and ASK ABOUT THE COOKING LESSON! They don't advertise it, but Maria and Ioannis have a lovely mountain retreat where Maria gives a lovely, informal cooking lesson for up to 6 people. It's AMAZING. The dinner/lesson takes placed in a centuries old mill-house overlooking a fresh water stream, and dinner is prepared under a pergola draped in wine-grapes, with a gorgeous view, outdoor wood-burning stove and orange trees dotting the view. This was the finest meal I've ever had in a dozen trips to the cyclades, and it was fun getting involved in the preparation. Maria tells great stories of how her grandmother made each dish, and some history of the region, too.
If you go with your mate, or other couples from the resort, you won't regret it. the highlight of my trip, and recipes I'll remember and try to duplicate back home. Or until my next visit to Naxian. Simply stunning.
The bus to town/beaches stops right out front, but do yourself a favor and rent a car/scooter. This island is large and there's a lot to see. Just the best. Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naxian Collection is a complex of luxurious villas & suites each one with its own personal style. All of them are built according to the traditional architecture of Cyclades. Even though Naxian Collection is only 2km far from Naxos town and 700 meters from the famous beach of St Prokopios, it still affords its guests plenty of relaxing privacy. Built upon a hill of great natural beauty, the hotel boasts a panoramic view of this exquisite corner of the Aegean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Naxian Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naxian Collection - Luxury Villas And Suites
- Naxian Collection - Luxury Villas Hotel Naxos City
- Naxian Collection Naxos/Agios Prokopios