“A home away from home....!”

Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
“A home away from home....!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

One of the best spots to stay on Mykonos.
Made a short term booking during high season. The team arranged everything excellent - from pick up service at the airport to birthday breakfast with friend they did not stay with us at the beautiful property.
Superb food - only local greek and organic products!
The host at the front desk made our stay outstanding. Extreme good network all over the island. The rooms are very cozy with beautiful touch of greek summer feeling.
Will stay there next time for sure!

Room Tip: Top room top floor or one with the jacuzzy!
2 Thank Karsten W
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Karsten W,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
I am really sorry for the cons you are mentioning. Be sure that we will look into them and correct them immediately as your opinion is very important to us !
Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review and I am sorr for the cons you faced during your stay with us!
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This boutique hotel has amazing views. We were upgraded to a superior room (with a fabulous balcony and a Jacuzzi). Although rooms and bathrooms are relatively small, they are decorated with great taste.
Staff are extremely friendly, they helped us for transfer, car booking, restaurant booking etc.. and were very nice with our 2 years old child.
Food is very good- amazing breakfast with local and fresh product. And a la carte menu for lunch and dinner which is excellent and by far the best value for price in Mykonos.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ACandEdM
Dear ACandEdM,
I am really sorry that you found your room small.
Although, keep in mind that you booked the Superior room, which is our smallest room and offers limited square meters.

Belgrade
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I love to travel and I travel pretty a lot, and usually I'm staying at veery good hotels, BUT, this is (at least until now :)) my favorite hotel and the best hotel I have ever been (according to my taste, off course)! :) Everything is fantastic:
Rooms are all absolutely amazing, big enough, with great view.. We had a room, actually apartment, made of two separate rooms with bathrooms (where one was lets say, made in modern cycladic design, and another in traditional cycladic style), with outdoor jacuzzi (I think that all rooms have it), so as two bathrooms, one modern and one made in traditional cycladic style (which I adore) :), and huge terrace with outdoor jacuzzi, 2 sunbeds and a table with 4 chairs. Rooms are equipped with "memo" pillows, you have and bathrobes, so as their slippers, and as cosmetic, they use Apivita, which is famous Greek natural cosmetics, and you may find it in all stores with that kind of cosmetics in Greece (for example, shopping mall Attica in Athens, and Notos Galleries at Thessaloniki).. :) Employees are fantastic, so kind, polite.. :D Breakfast is correct, classic for Greece.. When we arrived we all got an cocktails, even a child, without alcohol off course ;), and when we were leaving they gave u some small things as souvenirs from Rocabella hotel, like luggage tags.. :) Our child got almost every day from them baloons.. :) As you probably know, if you want a real, full experience (to visit Old town, beaches..), you need a car, at the (Greek) islands especially, so as here.. It is a bit faraway from the Old town/Chora, but by car you can reach the center in about 10 minutes, and there is a free parking place.. Mykonos is amazing itself, everything: Old town, beaches, even shopping is OK :), but also it's pretty expensive, above average, comparing to another (Greek) islands.. I highly recommend it - Mykonos and Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, and I will definitely go back there! :)

Room Tip: I was there in July 2011., and stayed for two weeks, but I've just created my profile at Trip Ad...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Olivera M
Dear Olivera M,

Oswaldtwistle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed for 7 nights in July. Staff were very, very friendly and worked hard to ensure that we had a relaxing & peaceful stay. The shuttle service is brilliant and the drivers are very helpfull. Superb views from the room. A very relaxing holiday...thanks Rocabella

1 Thank a_barnes123
Dear a_barnes123,

Tokyo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is the peaceful place to stay.
Everybody here is very friendly and always tries to make us happy.
We stayed 5 days and really enjoyed.
Everyday, we used shuttle service to Mykonos town and drivers were also so kind and it took just 15 minutes. The combination of hotel and town was fantastic.
Thank you very much for all of your kindness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TJ1118
Dear TJ1118,

ISRAEL
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed at Rocabella Hotel Mykonos for 3 nights and we had a great experience. Warm welcome, beautiful room, spectacular view, wonderful breakfast and professional staff - everything was perfect.
Thank you, Thassos, Chrysa and Maria, for your excellent tips and your warm attitude.
We will come again!

Dear ANATL,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
Once again thank you for this amazing review and sorry for the cons you faced during your stay. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.

Washington DC
Reviewed August 7, 2013

[--]

Thank you TripAdvisor for providing the reviews that ultimately led me to select this hotel for our Mykonos trip! The photos on the Web site were lovely but I must say that to me it's even better in person. Beyond words. The short version is: lovely, amazing view of Aegean, wonderful rooms, super clean, lots of amenities, relaxing atmosphere, stunning pool area. Incredible, creative touches (see below!) and amenities, good food, nice free breakfast. If you want more details, they are below:

ARRIVAL: I thought we arrived in heaven when we walked into the lobby. It's beautiful, of course, but the staff was so friendly and welcoming. They brought us glasses of champagne and invited us to enjoy it on a little balcony off the reception area. As if that weren't enough, shortly after we arrived in our room, a member of the staff knocked on our door and brought us chocolate fondue with fruit on a skewer. There's also water (instead of gouging you, they provide it free since the tap water isn't potable).

BEST FEATURES: The appearance of the facilities, the view and the special touches which include: choice of oil scent in your room, free 15 minute massage, free use of local mobile phone (!!), champagne and fresh fruit and chocolate fondue upon arrival, pillow menu, bananas placed on the bed at night to help with sleep, candles lit upon your entry to your room in the evening, free bicycles, free shuttle to and from Mykonos, free use of telescope in your room upon request (also telescope provided off the reception area for everyone), they bring ice water to drink when they see you by the pool and may deliver a bucket of ice water, essential oils and cool cloths for your face and body as well. Need I say more? Okay, read on.

FACILITIES/APPEARANCE: I just can't get enough of looking around this beautiful place! I saw a review that complained it was cave-like. But I love the Greek architecture that is cave-like! And it's the opposite of dark and dingy. It's light, fresh, airy and just stunning--from the rooms to the pool to the balconies and the lobby. Modern, spacious, friendly. It's super clean and fresh smelling due to lovely oils and special touches. I can't stop looking at the view from the pool to the Aegean. The restroom by the pool (also fresh and clean) requires going down a small set of stairs into an adorable cave-like alcove. They have a small boutique with light airy clothing items. They also have a small art gallery. I saw a sign to a fitness center--very unusual in my experience for a small European hotel.

POOL: Beautiful blue pool (not heated) overlooking the sea below surrounded by attractive white stones with lantern candles around it. Bar tables and chairs around the pool as well as wonderful "beds" big enough to fit 2-3 people, comfy lounge chairs and umbrellas. Nice pool towels available at the pool. They bring you ice water when they see you. Today they also brought by little fresh fruit smoothies.

LINENS: Comfy beds, ample pillows, nice new linens, fluffy pool towels.

STAFF: From the moment we arrived, the staff seemed to go out of its way to be friendly and accommodating. They spent time with us as if we were the only guests on site, explaining with maps about the best beaches, transportation, the quiet areas, the party areas, restaurants, shops, etc. (For English-speakers: they spoke good English). They always put a smile on their face as if they're happy to see you! This is really appreciated. (There's nothing worse than a hotel where the staff seems unhappy.) The woman who gives massages is also very sweet and friendly.

TRANSPORTATION: There are only 30 taxis on the whole island, which is why you can't count on flagging one down. A shop helped us phone for a taxi at the port and it was 15 Euro to get to the hotel. The hotel will pick you up for 8 Euro per person but my travel agent was unaware of this when I asked and the taxi was fine. There's a reasonably priced rental car company near the hotel and the hotel will arrange to have a car delivered to you at the hotel if you like! The hotel offers free use of bicycles (which appear to be new and in well-maintained condition). The hotel also provides hourly shuttles in the morning and evening to Mykonos, which is just about 10 minutes' drive away. The hourly shuttles are a terrific convenience! (They are suspended in the middle of the day.) They ask that you pre-book so that they have enough space. You can always call and change the times if needed. When we headed to Mykonos and told them our phone doesn't work here they said no problem and handed us a cell phone with the reception's phone number programmed in so we could use it if necessary. We did use it to change our shuttle time. When we returned to the hotel I tried to give it back and they said I can hold onto it for the rest of the visit! In all my travels, I've never been offered this convenience before.

FOOD: There is a great deal of interesting explanation about their Ergon food at the hotel. I believe this means all of their food, or nearly all of it, is made/grown in Greece. I saw a few reviews complaining about the restaurant not having enough selection, but I enjoyed the menu very much. To me, having a dozen or two items rather than more usually means you're going to get fresh food and it's not pre-cooked. Additionally, the selections are eclectic and tasty. (If a small hotel like this offered a 100 item menu, you could be sure not all the food could be fresh). A 6 Euro fruit salad comes with thin slices of wonderful fresh fruit "spilling" from a wine glass with a bit of yogurt and strawberry syrup (kiwi, strawberries, nectarines, apples...). There's a salmon brioche with a bit of greens for 9 Euros or about $12: as a very light snack, enough for two. There are pasta, a few entrees, several salad/cous cous selections, snacks, club sandwich, toasted sandwich, desserts, a burger with Naxos cheese (15 Euro or about $20), and even design-your-own sandwich. I think it's plenty especially considering you're probably not trying to eat three meals a day for a week from the same place. They have some items also for sale attractively displayed in the lobby and the rooms such as dried Greek porcino mushrooms, dried fruits, pasta, delights stuffed with rose petals and syrups. There's also olive oil for sale of course and a few other items that would make nice authentic local souvenirs or gifts.

ROOM: The room is very special and cute. Clean, two single beds pushed close together, spacious enough. I love the décor. There are special touches such as pieces of art or jewelry on the wall. The air conditioning works well. The bathroom is spacious and clean with a Jacuzzi tub and shower. There's a slight odor of sulfur or sewage from time to time in the bathroom but it's very small and I've noticed this at many places in Greece so it may have something to do with the plumbing/sewage system. It was not noticed in the room, though. Our room opened out to a wonderful, sunny balcony with chairs overlooking the pool and the Sea.

LOCATION: We chose a location a mile or two from Mykonos intentionally. Not difficult to get to the town if you want it-but you're peacefully away from it when you want to be. Nothing is very far. Someone told me you can drive around the whole island in about an hour. Mykonos took us 5-10 minutes to drive to. There's a little beach about a 5 minute walk down the hill from the hotel with a couple of very cute looking restaurants. They have chairs and umbrellas (I think for rent) and it's very picturesque. The walk back takes a little longer, maybe 10 minutes, because it's uphill. Because of the extreme wind during our visit, we chose to spend most of our time in the sun at the hotel pool. The party beaches are about 15 minute drive away. Some peaceful beaches on the other side of the island that are more secluded are a half hour drive in the car. These beaches don't have chairs and umbrellas but the hotel offers to provide umbrellas if you want to go there.

SPA: The only slight thing I might suggest to change is: when you check in, they provide you a delightful menu of spa services including everything from massages and body treatments... to waxing, pedicures and manicures. We wanted: pedicures, manicures and eyebrow waxing. We were then surprised to learn that none of these services is actually available. The woman who did these things apparently no longer works there. So all they can really offer are the massages and body treatments. I would recommending the hotel not produce a menu of these services that cannot be offered, just trim it down to the massages and body treatments. The massage therapist is very sweet and gives a nice, relaxing massage.

(Note: The hotel referred us to "Beauty World" in Mykonos for nail services. I must say they did a decent job, but it's a cramped space, you definitely don't feel pampered, and the women who work there all seem unhappy or mad. We got spa pedicures for 45 Euro or about $57 and it was nothing like we have at home.)

One more note: You shouldn't be put off by Mykonos' gay party reputation. It was very family friendly. We saw a whole lot of families with children and never felt like we were overwhelmed with partiers, though I"m sure you can seek out the parties if you wish!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Palladium Boutique Hotel
#2 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Myconian Villa Collection

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!