“Wonderful, relaxing stay, great staff”

Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What more can I add to all the previous reviews? The hotel is wonderful, location is great - close enough to pop into the town for dinner, but far enough out to still have a quiet and secluded feeling with a lovely, small beach just a few minutes walk down the road. Staff were generally very friendly and helpful. Loved that they took such good care of their guests with a touching eye for detail. As already noted in several reviews, breakfast is fantastic at Rocabella. We loved trying all the greek products and appreciate the local sourcing.

The only lesser point for us was that the (free) shuttle service to and from the town stopped at 10.15pm which is basically in the middle of dinnertime in Greece. We never made it back in time for the last shuttle and ended up walking back. This was ok for us, but it's a bit of a hike and not for everyone. It took us about 45 minutes to walk back and the roads are dark and windy with no footpath.

We found it quite busy around the island in June, hate to think how it will be in July and August, possibly beginning/end of the season is a good time to visit. Particularly in the main town, beaches were fine, though, again, probably packed later in the season. The hotel did not feel busy at all though, despite there being quite a few rooms occupied.

All in all we had a fantastic stay and can't wait to be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Poppetjes!
I would like to thank you once more for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered!
Please let me inform you that we extended the shuttle by one hour.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

There are newer reviews for Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have just returned home from a fantastic 9 night stay at Rocabella, would love to re-visit and would recommend the hotel to anyone. The hotel is located at Agios Stefanos beach (very nice) 10 minutes from the hussle and bussle of Mykonos town and the hotel provides a free shuttle bus back and forth. We stayed in a deluxe sea view room ( room 106 ) which was spacious, beautifully decorated and very private. The view was amazing and some of the details that let down other hotels were spot on: The bed was both super king and super comfortable and the choice of pillows from the pillow menu a great touch. The air con was efficient and quiet and as Brits that like a morning brew the kettle and tea/coffee provided was appreciated. The pool area was lovely with panoramic views of the bay and the cruise ships coming and going. We particularly enjoyed the cabanas and the little extras provided by the staff at no charge : cold water and regluar refills, iced towels and fruit smoothies! We loved the breakfast, which was a refreshing change from the usual standardised hotel fair. There was hot and cold buffet selections, eggs cooked to order and great cappucinos, but it was the fantastic range of home made greek specialites that set it apart. Katerina was always on hand to provide tips on how best to enjoy things like Dakos ( think Greek bruschetta ) tomato tapenade and rose petal chutney. The newly opened in house restaurant ERGON was also great with a similar philosophy. Last but definitely not least, what really makes a stay here special is the way the team look after you. Nothing was too much to ask and always with a smile. We felt like friends rather than guests and that makes our holiday. A special thanks to Stelios, Irene, Katerina, Daniel and Chrysa - we hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: Loved 106. Very private, with a great view
2  Thank Tony-Mandee

Dear Tony-Mandee!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

From the moment we were collected by the hotel driver at the airport till the moment we were driven to the ferry it was faultless. When last did you arrive at a hotel and have the check in person open the door with "you must be mr and mrs x"? Seriously. So faultless that we actually sent them a thank you card and gift...yes...that good. When we left they walked us to the car and gave my wife a hug goodbye and wished us a happy married life. I kid you not. The room was spacious, spotless and classy with every small little detail thought of...slippers...robes...ipod dock...dedicated wifi router...private jacuzzi. Perfect. They prearranged a surprise private meal served in our room with private service & champagne all perfectly timed as a surprise for my wife. Bunch of roses prearranged on email and they threw in a chocolate fondue with fresh fruit!The private meal had best starter on the island by a long yard. Every evening when we went out for dinner they lit the candles in our room for our return. Awesome awesome awesome. The reception team were so friendly we genuinely left feeling like friends - and I'm not that type! Their driver personally took us out on our first night to a restaurant (no charge) and the shuttle service to town (free) was unheard of. The location was quiet and private. Excellent breakfasts served poolside were fab. The hotel only has 20 odd rooms so it always felt special and exclusive not resorty. To be honest we paid three times as much at our second honeymoon hotel and it wasnt a touch on the Rocabella. Dont hesitate just do it. If you email them beforehand they will arrange all the special touches for you:) They recommended a great little greek taverna up the hill on our first night which was also great food and good value. All in all a 100% flawless stay!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was fantastic. Heated jacuzzi was divine. Really private.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mikegjestland

Dear mikegjestland!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I (both 30+ from Germany) spent four unbelievable nights at the Rocabella Mykonos in June 2013. Normaly I would have to write an endless eulogy about the beautiful hotel, its perfect service and the wonderful staff. But I would love to encourage you all to just book some nights at the Rocabella if you happen to be at Mykonos. You will find everything you're longing for on a perfect holiday: Wonderful rooms, perfect on-site service (reception, bar, restaurant, Spa), local advisory, free shuttle service to Mykonos town (touristic centre, 5 Minutes by car), very good drinks (try the Rouzo!) and outstanding food. The breakfast will be killing you - it's so amazing!

Rocabella offers a perfect hide-out, with a brillant view over Mykonos, away from the touristic Mykonos town. Also great is the small, cosy beach only three minutes away by feet.

Room Tip: Try to book (a little more expensive) room with your own private outdoor jacuzzi - and book early be...
2  Thank Duncanville

Dear Duncanville!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I totally agree with Kristina091.
We stayed 12 June 2013 for 7 nights and had a delux double room with walk in shower. We really enjoyed the day beds around the pool and the special touches we found every night on our bed, from relaxing lavender filled pillows to a bottle of bubbles. The candles on our balcony and in our bedroom were lit every night to add a perfect finish to our evening. We felt like honeymooners everyday even though it was just a quick break. We will be back as soon as possible for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: room 110 delux double sea view with walk in hsower - clean and plenty big enough if you do not requi...
2  Thank DebsOxford1919

Dear DebsOxford1919!
Yes Yes Yes!!! We will love to see you again!!! And present you all the new services already planned!!!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered and I am really sorry that you could enjoy the services provided by our restaurant!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We returned and again cannot fault this fantastic hotel. From the moment we were collected from from the airport it was total luxury and we are already planning our 3rd visit next year. The breakfasts were amazing as were all the staff who cannot do enough for you. On arrival a glass of bubbly does the trick as does the constant topping up of cold water round the pool area. Every night there is a surprise waiting for you in the room. We used the free shuttle service into town every day but if you wish to be a bit later in the evening back there are plenty of taxis available. We have a quad bike out one day and went to Foxos beach which has a very good restaurant but the down side is that there is no shade on the beach.

Dear judith52!
Yes Yes Yes!!! We will love to see you again next year!!! And present you all the new services already planned!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent 7 days at the Rocabella Hotel and wish we could have stayed longer. It was wonderful and the service is better than in many 5 star hotels I have stayed at. There is nothing missing and we always felt like a V.I.P.
The hotel car had picked us up at the airport and there were already bottles of water waiting for us in the car.
Upon arrival we received fresh juice (as it was too early for a drink =) ) and got a nice overview over the island and where we should go and which beaches to see.
Once in the room we got a wonderful little chocolate fondue with fruit which was a lovely surprise.

We had a double room with sea view. The room is very nicely decorated and the terrace is very generous. I was also surprised by the size of the bathroom as sometimes they can be tiny and our bathtub was a jacuzzi!
Free water is provided each day in the minibar.
The A/C worked perfectly and we also had a dvd player to which you can attach your Ipod to and listen to music even in the bathroom. the cables are provided by the hotel.
The TV was one of the smallest tv's I've ever seen in a hotel, but we never used it anyways and I don't think other guests used it much either. The room and outside and basically the whole hotel was always very clean.

The pool area is fab, it gives you the feeling of being absolutely secluded and on top of the world. it's open and very clean. There are several sunbeds which are very cozy.
As soon as you get to the pool you get fresh water with lime and other little complements from the bar, shots, food.. for free of course!
also the ice cold rose water towels to cool off is a wonderful touch. Each guest also receives 15 min free massage which you can have directly by the pool or in the spa, (it's worth adding an extra 30min)
You can also order food at any time of the day and it's amazing. I must say we never had anything bad to eat in all of Mykonos and the quality in the hotel is great and also not overpriced as it is in many hotels. We loved that all the food was from Greece and they really stuck to traditional things.

Breakfast was amazing, just the the way it looked was already enough. Everything was freshly made and they had tons of little jars of home made jams and honeys, cheese.. I liked how they had traditional breakfast food but everything had a greek touch to it, like scrambled eggs with feta cheese. You also always got things for breakfast without asking, like little french toast or pancakes but also always with a greek twist to it.

The staff was absolutely wonderful. I can't express how impressed I was. I was sick for the first day and they had offered to call the pharmacy and also always asked how I was doing.
It really feels like a family is taking care of you and I also felt like hugging them goodbye.

Thank you so much for this amazing stay and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank kristina091

Dear kristina091!
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us! For us each guest is a VIP as he becomes a part of our family!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agios Stefanos
Myconian Villa Collection
Boheme
Boheme
#6 of 82 in Mykonos Town

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!