“Lovely hotel and good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA

Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
London
“Lovely hotel and good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at the Rocabella in May in a Jacuzzi suite. Both the hotel and the room were lovely. Breakfasts as others have already said, were delicious and there was plenty of choice. It was a shame that the restaurant was not yet open (we'd understood from the hotel's website that it would be open from May 1st ) but the bar snack menu was pretty good. The hotel is near a very nice beach which is a few minutes' stroll away and there are two good value tavernas on the beach too. If you don't feel like the beach, the hotel's pool area is a nice place to relax, although the pool was unheated (I think it gets heated later in the season). As others have commented on, the hotel's staff are lovely and go out of their way to help with recommendations and information about the island. Shuttle service into town is a bonus. There is also a little shop at the hotel which looks lovely but we didn't get the chance to visit as it wasn't open yet. I think there is a spa too but again it was perhaps too early in the season for it to be open? It would be great to get some info in the room about this sort of thing. Overall it's a lovely hotel which is good value for money on an expensive island, so I'd recommend it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear londonaustralia,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered and I am really sorry that you could enjoy the services provided by our restaurant!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the extra services we will offer this summer.
Also note that our pool is not heated as in the rest hotels of the island.
Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but sees you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page!

Georgios Kalfopoulos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I chose the hotel based on the reports I had read about the excellent service and attention at this hotel, and the truth is that the comments fall short. From arrival at the hotel the staff make you feel at home, thanks to the kindness and courtesy.
Overall the hotel rooms are very good and the view amazing. The breakfast that is included is delicious.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the beach of Agios Stefanos, and even they offer free shuttle service to town every hour, it's best to rent a motorbike or a car to move freely around the island.
The best of the hotel is the service and attention provided by the staff. I really highly recommend the hotel and at the next opportunity I would return without hesitation.

Room Tip: For the noise, choose a room that does not have a jacuzzi on top
2 Thank jzubieta2013
Dear jzubieta2013,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the hospitality that our team offered!

mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here in May 2013 with my family. Words fail me to do justice to the beautiful place. From the moment you step in, the staff makes you feel special. They are so warm and caring. The rooms are breathtakingly beautiful. Very tastefully decorated and comfortable. The view from the hotel is awesome. The buffet breakfast is also fab. I would love to return to rocabella again sometime. Thanks, for making our holiday so wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kbindia
Dear kbindia,

Repentigny, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel iis fantastic. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Irene.She pointed out some points of interest of the Island. The breakfast is taken by the pool and was delicious and perfect.I recommend this hotel.

4 Thank Androurse2013
Dear Androurse2013,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team and especially with Irene was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I are from Southern California but decided Greece for our two week honeymoon even though we live in one of the most beautiful places around we had to get away for a bit since we love to travel. Im a research queen, for our honeymoon I spent about 4-6 months preping the trip. I must have researched every single hotel on Mykonos before i settled on Rocabella, my focus was to find a hotel which offered a private jucizzi/hot tub and a large honeymoon suite and didnt cost an arm and a leg. Now we never spend a lot on hotels since im such a bargin hunter but this was our honeymoon so i thought we could spoil ourselves for a few days in Mykonos to get the trip started off right... Fist off when we were picked up from the airport the driver was not friendly at all, prior to that all the other people we had encountered in Greece had be extremely friendly and warm, especailly cab drivers and hotel employees. But maybe he just didnt feel like talking. So we arrived Rocabella and were greeted with large glasses of champange and a beautiful clean, white open lobby area. We were asked to sit with a few other couples while Maria explained the island to us and pointed out some points of intrest on a map (VERY helpful since we visited most of the areas later in our stay). We then were shown to our room, I was expecting much much more than what we got- from the photos on the hotel website we should have gottten a VERY large and PRIVATE outdoor space room. The room was beautiful, VERY small and had candles lit, wine and a cheese and meat platter that i had ordered before arriving. I would have complained on the spot about the room size but it was very late at night and quite romantic. Then we looked out onto our patio with the jacuzzi, the patio was very large but the jacuzzi was made of stone not fiberglass and nice like on their website. It looked like an inverted cave. Also our neighboors could see directly onto our patio and we were on a service driveway that was next to the pool so NOT PRIVATE at all for the honeymooners. We decided to go with the flow and take a nice hot dip, my husband gets in and the water is very cool he says, there are no controls to be found. We call the front and they say thats as hot as it gets, did we leave it running for a long time? Yes we left it on for a couple hours it didnt get past 70 degrees. Not nice when the wind is 25 mph. So the whole point of the room was lost. The price I paid for the room almost 1100$ for 3 nights was an absolute rip off for what was advertised vs what we got. The people at the resort we SO nice thogh extremely friendly and accomodating we LOVED them all so we didnt want to complain. The breakfast everymorning was an incredible spread of eggs, fresh jams, juice, coffee, fresh yogurt, fruit, pasteries more than you could want or need. One day we were going into town early so i asked if they had any paper cups to take coffee to town and the man that works there told me he would go into town the next day to buy paper cups how nice is that?! The pool was too cold to use bc it wasnt heated but we still relaxed by it, they played very odd opera music one day that i was not a fan of and actually made me anxious but my hubby was able to sleep through it. Overall the staff made this place I would not come back unless we could get a room that was much cheaper for the same size, this room was more than we paid throughout our entire 2 week honeymoon and the least liked and least private, smallest room we had sadly and all because of false advertisment on the website. Also it is quite far from town being away from all restraunts and the beauty of the island and harbor. One more thing to note about the hotel is that while there is not a restuant they do have room service at amazing prices with HUGE portions and delicios fresh food! All in all its up to the individuial but please dont base your choice on the hotel website photos.

Room Tip: Do not get a jacuzzi suite it is like being in a cold bath or a cold pool. Also NOT private.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kelley p
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Loved this hotel, a transfer from the airport and then greeted by Maria a charming host who told us about the hotel also provided with a glass of fizz to unwind. The rooms are modern and I did find the lack of storage in the standard room a little inconvenient, however they are well kept and very clean. The pool and bar area have stunning views over the sea and service is first class. Breakfast is taken by the pool or inside, lovely breads, yogurt and the home made cherry compote was to die for, wish I could have brought a jar home! It was a special wedding anniversary on the 5th night of our stay and we were brought a cake and bottle of fiizz also told we could have a room upgrade for the last 3 nights of our stay to the honeymoon suite! It was spacious with an outside jacuzzi and a lovely balcony it made our stay even better. This hotel goes the extra mile, by providing little extras, i.e. glasses of cold water when lounging by the pool or a small treat brought to your room in the evenings, I would recommend this hotel for a holiday.
Mykonos is a windy island (gale force at times) we asked when the winds stopped and were told September, also the restaurants in M town are expensive, but there are cheaper options if you dont want to spend 100 euros on a meal for two. A fantastic hotel and we hope to return in the near future.

4 Thank JeniferLeeds
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear JeniferLeeds,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
Keep also in mind that we discussed the lack of storage issue with Irene and we decided to put some extra rails and hangers in the superior type of rooms to add some space.
Regarding the home made cherry compote, feel free to contact Irene so as to send you home some!!!!!!!!!!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here during our honeymoon trip for couple nights. The hotel staff was very attentive and when we checked in, they spent time to sit down with us and went through the map and tourist information. I haven't had that from other hotels I stayed at. Good job!

The hotel is very cool and artsy. I like that everything is so simple and clean looking. They sent us chocolate fondue and other sweets to our hotel and that was a very nice touch.

I love the breakfast and the free shuttle bus. Make sure you book ahead to reserve your spot as the shuttle can only fit 6 or 8 passengers. Also, get to the pickup spot 10 minutes in advance. The shuttle bus won't wait for people.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank vazworld
Dear vazworld,
I am more than happy to know that your stay with us was all it could have been!
Keep also in mind that we discussed the shuttle issue with Irene and we decided that we will have 5 minutes plus minus window on the shuttle appointment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agios Stefanos
Vencia Hotel
Vencia Hotel
#8 of 82 in Mykonos Town
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,395 reviews

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!