“Relax at this amazing hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA

Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Agios Stefanos
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Relax at this amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Rocabella during a week at the end of October 2012 for four nights. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel shuttle bus and after a ten minute journey we arrived at the hotel. We were welcomed with a glass of champagne and relaxed outside admiring the view before we went to our room.
We stayed in the honeymoon suite as it was my birthday and it was amazing! The room is separated from the rest of the hotel with windows nearly all the way round and stunning views over the ocean. Jacuzzi bath on the balcony and a spa bath and shower in the bathroom. We had bathrobes and slippers ready for us on the bed. We had a great big bed and two large chairs in the room. The room had a flatscreen, dvd player and a stereo. There was a minibar and you could also have a free half hour massage in the spa. The room has a private balcony and an area with seats directly out the front of it.
Not long after being in the room we were given chocolate fondue and fruit which was a lovely welcoming gesture.
Each night when we returned to the room all the tealights had been lit with some kind of gift waiting for us, chocolates etc. It was all the extra touches that make this hotel deserve 5 stars from me.
Breakfasts were good, lots of choice of hot food and fruits etc with great views over the pool and out to the sea. There are day beds, loungers and sofas around the pool and a pool bar which serves snacks off a menu 24/7. The food is fab and if you happen to be sunbathing round the hotel during the day you might find they give you glasses of water with a lemon slice and local snacks which was a really nice touch. The music round the pool is very relaxing too.
The hotel runs a shuttle bus into Mykonos town every hour or so which is worth taking advantage of, taxis are about 6euros. We ate out in town every night and the last return was about 10.30pm.There is a hotel bar in the reception area which had a happy hour on cocktails 6pm-9pm while we were there.
There is a beach to the left of the hotel which is down a bit of a steep hill but worth it when you get there. There is a small shop, a pub and a few tavernas there.
Overall its a very relaxing, romantic hotel (candles everywhere around the hotel) and it was quiet at the end of the season which made it feel even more peaceful. I would definitely return to the hotel we were so sad to be going home!The staff were very friendly and helpful which really makes a difference when you stay in a small hotel like this one. Perfect stay thankyou!

Room Tip: I dont think you can get a bad room here it looks like they all have fab views out over the ocean
1 Thank lotsofshoes22
RocabellaMykonos, Manager at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear lotsofshoes22,
W O W!
Thank you for that amazing review!
Be sure that such reviews make all of us try more and more to offer to each of our friends the BEST vacation experience!!!
We are thrilled that our staff was able to make your stay unforgettable. The pure guest orientated mentality molds this “feel like home” scenery!
We are glad that you enjoyed our Greek buffet breakfast offering authentic and fresh Greek products!
I must agree with you. The view is just amazing from each corner of the hotel as we have the privilege to overview, Delos , Tinos , Syros, Mykonos Town, and Ornos !
We are looking forward to your next visit, in either of our hotels (Santorini | Caldera or Mykonos) no matter if it will be for leisure or just to dine in one of our signature restaurants.
Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
Kind regards,
George Kalfopoulos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my three days stay in Roc Art. My email for arranging the airport tranfer was smooth and we met the gentleman driver as soon as we walk out the airport door.

Our seaview room had amazing view.(see the photo i uploaded!) Room was nice and romantic. The hotel manager maya she really taken good care of us and being available and smiling for all the time. We got a free 15min massage, feel really relaxed and heavenly afterwards.

breakfast was good range and nice sea view around the pool area.
It also has a hotel shuttle service going to town, really handy and you get best of both sides.

The hotel itself is very art as it suggested in the name! 1000% recommended!

Room Tip: go for a seaview one!
Dear yunyunzhu,
WOW! Thank you for that amazing review!
We are thrilled that our team, especially Maria was able to make your stay unforgettable.
We are glad you were excited about your room!
Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best wishes,
George Kalfopoulos
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked the Rocabella purely on the strength of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is stylish and the customer service is amazing. The staff are really friendly and it does feel very genuine.

Fizz on arrival, little treats left on your pillow in your room each night when they come in to light the candles and a gorgeous free massage are just some of the things which made our stay that little bit more special than other hotels.

Nice work!

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe sea view room with a jacuzzi. A real treat sitting in the tub looking out to s...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RocabellaMykonos, Owner at Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear ProducerEmma,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay with us!
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
When a guest becomes part of our family we are so excited! We are happy to know that we deliver a good level of Greek hospitality. It is what we learned over the years from our families to offer from our hearts.
I am pleased to hear that your contact with all the team was memorable and I will be sure to thank them personally for this.
I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the extra services we will offer next year.
Please feel free to contact me or Irene directly so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay with us.
Once again thank you for this amazing review. Be sure that we will keep offering the authentic Greek hospitality to all of our friends.
So, its sure not good bye but see you soon…

P.S. Feel free to post any photos from your stay with us on our official face book page !
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I'm embarrased to say that I stayed at the Rocabella for a week from May 27th this year & I am only just writing the review now. It's all still very clear in my mind though!

Prior to booking a holiday, I had it in my head for over a year that I wanted to stay in a particular hotel in Mykonos that I'd seen & fallen in love with. However, as I was looking to book the holiday, I had a quick look on Tripadvisor & I stumbled upon Rocabella. This left me with a decision to make as both hotels were very different. Both hotels had excellent reviews, but Rocabella seemed to have something extra - that personal touch. After much deliberation, I decided to go with the Rocabella. I just hoped I had made the right decision in changing my mind.

Upon arriving up the driveway & seeing the beautiful setting of the hotel, I started to think I probably had made the right decision. We were greeted at the nice cool reception with a glass of sparkles as Ria sat & told us about the hotel & then showed us round & took us up to our room. A short time later, there was a knock at the door & a chocolate fountain with fresh strawberries/apple/kiwi etc had been brought up to us. It was a beautiful touch.

We ate in the restaurant on the evening of our arrival as it has been a long day of travelling. The 2 chefs made us a fantastic meal & they also sent out litttle tasters of ideas they had been working on & then later came out to speak to us & get feedback. 1 of the chefs had to go to the sister hotel in Santorini for a couple of days so the following day, Nikos was flying solo. The original meal was so good that we ate in the restaurant a further 2 times & the food was, again, perfect each time. We have really missed Nikos's food since we've been back - it was amazing! The breakfast was great & the little extra of a small plate of pancakes with syrup that would arrive were delicious.

The shuttle service was excellent especially considering usually it was just the 2 of us going into town.

When relaxing round by the pool, we would be given surprise refreshments & again as it was low season, we would be given little shots of new drink experiments to taste. Viaya (beauty/massage therapist) would also bring round ice buckets with various cooling scents (bergaumot/lemon etc), ice & a flannel. I also indulged in a full body massage & it was absolutely heavenly (thanks Viaya).

The staff were just excellent. Ria was fantastic as front of house & also worked in the restaurant. She was really happy to help and always smiling & laughing. Aliki & Maria again were fantastic working in the bar & the restaurant & Nikos was a fantastic chef. Since we returned home in June we have feta, tatziki, houmous etc introduced into many of our meals each week. He inspired the way in which we now eat! Viaya was wonderful in the spa. The fantastic thing was how the staff were all great fun to chat & laugh with & also how they seemed to really get along with one another. We learnt a lot about the greek way of life by chatting with them & they always made an effort to take time to chat & have a giggle with us.

For me, it's without doubt the many personal touches that make Rocabella stand out as a boutique hotel. This is what sets them apart from other hotels & makes them the one that sticks in the memory. I have absolutely no doubt that I made the right decision when I chose this hotel over the other & am so glad that I did. We plan to go to Santorini at some point & I will definitely be booking us into the Rocabella when we do.

Thanks again to all!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Morty1980
Dear Morty1980,
It is with great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
In Greece we use to say ''kalio arga para pote'' which means it's better now than never! We would be more than happy to welcome you in Rocabella Santorini as well, whenever you decide to visit the island!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Rocabello Hotel was all and more than we anticipated. Great views, light, airy rooms, many spa creature comforts--luxury all around. The best part of the hotel is the welcoming, helpful staff. Maria and Irene, front desk, could not have been more accommodating to us and assisted us with some several travel snags causing us to miss one night of our 2 night reservation. Our ferry was cancelled and they helped us solve that problem, too--and on our arrival we were met with a glass of champagne and patient supportive travel suggestion help. Everyone spoke excellent English and could not have been more accommodating

Dear charlotte g,

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

It is, by far, the best hotel we have ever stayed. The ambience, atmosphere, location, setting, view, room are all absolutely awesome and gorgeous to the core. But what set the hotel above others that we have stayed in is the warmth and friendliness of the staff - they are simply wonderful and amazing. Such gems, them staff! They made us feel very welcome on the day of our arrival and showed genuine warm and care to us throughout our stay there. The ever-caring Maria who received and welcomed us, who took the trouble to lend us a boiler for our son's nightly milk feeds, whom we accidentally bumped into at town and directed us to the Little Venice and the windmill, the ever-gracious Vaia who gave us the warm welcome, who showed us to our room and who bonded so well with our 5 years old (so smitten was he that he remembered her till today) the friendly Tasos who concocted us the best virgin smoothies and the very helpful Chryssa who eased us with the logistic arrangements. What a team they are!! Keep up the good job :). The owner of Rocabella has done a tremendous good job in putting up a great team and an awesome work in designing the whole setup of the hotel which has all that one needs for a great stay and a memorable holiday.

It was our best holiday ever and how I wish that we could stay there longer as we couldn't get enough of the breath taking scenery and view, the comfort and stylish layout of the room and most importantly the hospitality and graciousness of the staff.

We hope to come back again. And this time around we would definitely be staying longer.

IZY, KL

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear ineszKL,

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I could just say that these were my best vacations ever!! I just came back to Berlin from Mykonos were I spent my weekend and honestly I could stay there for a whole year (maybe more!)! I went there with my girlfriend for 4 days just to have a mini honeymoon and it was way better than what I expected... The hotel and the facilities were fabulous, the view magnificent, the staff SUPER friendly and helpful (at the end we were like friends!) and the food just excellent. This place is like a paradise for couples, I am telling you! You will love it for sure! We didn't even want to leave the hotel to go to town. However, we went to the town and to other parts and I can say that the island is super! and although it the period wasn't busy the whole atmosphere was great.
Ow Rocabella!!! the best vacations we ever had! Am I visiting again Rocabella? Absolutely!!!!

I love this hotel because it is very family orientated, I wouldn't suggest this hotels for couples etc. If you were planning to stay self catering or half board there are a number of shops and resturants just a short walk away, but you should be mindful that this hotel is on the outskirts of the resort and at the top of a hill, so it is a bit of a trek if you wanted to go to the beach.

We have previously stayed in Iberostar's and other Viva hotels, but have to say this is the best! Would definitely go back.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Room Tip: Tip? Just book any room! all the rooms seem amazing! although ask to have a jacuzzi, you will love i...
1 Thank Diego M

4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,194 reviews
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
#1 of 25 in Platys Gialos

Been to Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA? Share your experiences!