We stayed at the Rocabella during a week at the end of October 2012 for four nights. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel shuttle bus and after a ten minute journey we arrived at the hotel. We were welcomed with a glass of champagne and relaxed outside admiring the view before we went to our room.
We stayed in the honeymoon suite as it was my birthday and it was amazing! The room is separated from the rest of the hotel with windows nearly all the way round and stunning views over the ocean. Jacuzzi bath on the balcony and a spa bath and shower in the bathroom. We had bathrobes and slippers ready for us on the bed. We had a great big bed and two large chairs in the room. The room had a flatscreen, dvd player and a stereo. There was a minibar and you could also have a free half hour massage in the spa. The room has a private balcony and an area with seats directly out the front of it.
Not long after being in the room we were given chocolate fondue and fruit which was a lovely welcoming gesture.
Each night when we returned to the room all the tealights had been lit with some kind of gift waiting for us, chocolates etc. It was all the extra touches that make this hotel deserve 5 stars from me.
Breakfasts were good, lots of choice of hot food and fruits etc with great views over the pool and out to the sea. There are day beds, loungers and sofas around the pool and a pool bar which serves snacks off a menu 24/7. The food is fab and if you happen to be sunbathing round the hotel during the day you might find they give you glasses of water with a lemon slice and local snacks which was a really nice touch. The music round the pool is very relaxing too.
The hotel runs a shuttle bus into Mykonos town every hour or so which is worth taking advantage of, taxis are about 6euros. We ate out in town every night and the last return was about 10.30pm.There is a hotel bar in the reception area which had a happy hour on cocktails 6pm-9pm while we were there.
There is a beach to the left of the hotel which is down a bit of a steep hill but worth it when you get there. There is a small shop, a pub and a few tavernas there.
Overall its a very relaxing, romantic hotel (candles everywhere around the hotel) and it was quiet at the end of the season which made it feel even more peaceful. I would definitely return to the hotel we were so sad to be going home!The staff were very friendly and helpful which really makes a difference when you stay in a small hotel like this one. Perfect stay thankyou!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in the ever changing hues of the glowing Aegean sunlight, 150 meters away the waters of the pristine Mykonos beach of Agios Stefanos, lies Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, an elegant modern hideaway, a Mykonos beach hotel haven of luxurious simplicity, boasting both intimacy and grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel And Spa
- Rocabella Art Agios Stefanos
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA Agios Stefanos