From the time of arrival to our departure time everyting was perfect! Upon arrival we were greeted by Irene which by the way was very helpful from booking our transportation and room and communicating with us from the U.S prior to our arrival. They picked us up from the new port which was a 3 minute ride to the hotel. From the moment we arrived we felt like family. We had booked the basic room with balcony facing the ocean and pool. Room was about 350 sq feet and was very comfortable with a flat screen TV and a nice stereo to attach our ipods/ipads. King size bed was very comfortable, A.C was ice cold and the balcony with 2 chairs facing the ocean/pool for the sunsets was very relaxing. Location was very good and quiet and away from all the action and Mykonos Town. I would recommend you rent a car or a ATV (30 Euros a day) which we did to get around and into Mykonos town. You'll be spending more money on cabs and waiting around alot since Mykonos only has about 30 cabs on the whole island to accomodate tens of thousands of tourists. Mykonos by car/ATV is about a 5 minute drive or about a long 20-25 minute walk up and down hills (I'm sure your wife would love that walk in her heels). A very nice quiet beach and sea side tavernas/restaurants are about a 5 minute walk away. If you need anything get a hold of Spyro. He is Rocabellas man to go to. Whatever you need, he's got it, he's the man to know. The breakfast every morning was good, eggs, bacon, jellys, coffees, juices, breads, yogurts and such was perfect to get our mornings started and probably saved us about 25 euros every day. The pool during the day was fantastic. Plenty of umbrellas, seating, bar a few steps away and the spa lady coming by every few minutes to greet you and hand you cooling towels and such. Our overall experience was really really great, not sure why there were negative feedbacks and complaints from previous guest but i guess those are the people that you could never ever make happy no matter what even if they stayed at a 5 star hotel. I visited mykonos in the summer of 2010 and stayed at Cavo Tagoo and to be honest the Rocabella was just a good with very similar surroundings/atmosphere for half the price. Very impressive and higly recommended. We also stayed at the Rocabella Santorini which was very nice too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in the ever changing hues of the glowing Aegean sunlight, 150 meters away the waters of the pristine Mykonos beach of Agios Stefanos, lies Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA, an elegant modern hideaway, a Mykonos beach hotel haven of luxurious simplicity, boasting both intimacy and grandeur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel And Spa
- Rocabella Art Agios Stefanos
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA Agios Stefanos