“Feels like home”

Mama's Pension
Los Angeles, California
“Feels like home”
Reviewed June 26, 2006

I stayed here with a friend the first week of June and we had a great time. Christina is awesome. Super friendly and very helpful. She meets you at the port with a big smile on her face and is just as cheerful taking you back down. The only drawback is Mama's is a little ways outside the main town, but the bus service is very reliable and you can almost always catch a taxi from the main road. Mama ROCKS and breakfast is simple but delicious. And you'll probably meet some very nice people at breakfast, too. (We did!) Plus, the view you get for your money can't be beat. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank EVAVMW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2006

Two friends and I stayed at Mama's Pension for four nights over our spring break, and we couldn't have asked for more! Christina picked us up from the port and explained all about the town and the taxis and bars and anything else we wanted to know! She was so kind and our room was absolutely gorgeous. We had a huge balcony overlooking the ocean and our room was spotless every day. When we needed taxis, Christina or Mama called one for us with no problems and when we wanted to rent a car, they helped us pick a place with the lowest rates. The breakfast was great (homemade marmalade, you can't beat it) and Mama and Papa were so wonderful. We met people from all over at breakfast and had no problems whatsoever with our room or noise or travel or anything. Next time I go to Mykonos, I will most definitely be staying at Mama's again.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 12, 2005

Christina, the host of the hostel, makes staying at Mama's Pension such a wonderful experience. She picked me up from the port when I arrived and took me back to the port when I left, without me asking her! She is such a cheerful person and always happy to help if you need anything. The hostel is only a 5-minute bus ride to get into Mykonos town, away from the city and yet still convenient. And the hostel is only steps away from the bus stop and St. Stefano beach, which is very nice with fine sands and much quieter and more relaxed. I totally enjoyed my stay here and wish I had stayed longer. Anyone visited Mykonos should stay at Mama's pension. I will definitely go back again.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank jesslin123
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2005

Mama's is about 2 km outside of Mykonos town and sits just above a beautiful sandy beach frequented mostly by families. It is run by "Mama's" German daughter-in-law Christine who is wonderfully gracious and efficient. We had a two room apartment with a kitchen where we could cook our own meals. Gorgeous sunset views from balcony. A nice respite from the somewhat overwhelming liveliness of the town of Mykonos yet with easy access by bus or by hitching a ride with Christine who goes back and forth regularly.

2 Thank Playafan
Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Mina Beach Hotel
Mina Beach Hotel
#7 of 9 in Agios Stefanos

Been to Mama's Pension? Share your experiences!