“Good traditional Greek food and friendly service”
Review of H Epistrophi

H Epistrophi
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is our second visit to Mykonos and we thoroughly recommend going to Epistrophi which is a lovely Greek taverna right on the beach at Agios Stefanos. We came every day to the beach where the restaurant own the beach chairs in front and you can either order from the man on the beach or go and sit in the restaurant if you want a break from the sun. Food- always freshly cooked, Greek salad was fantastic, tomatoes were lovely, we had fried squid, vine leaves, lamb in the oven and a lovely lobster dish one evening when we came down which was delicious. its a very friendly and welcoming place, very good value for money and we are definitely coming back when we return to Mykonos. if you want a relaxed, non stuffy place to eat ( some of the restaurants in mykonos town were massively over priced and pretentious) then this is the place to go, really excellent!!!

1  Thank SCR128
There are newer reviews for H Epistrophi

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Epistrophi is right by the beach and they serve your orders at the beach lazers if you would rather eat by the sand. I ate at the actual restaurant with my parents and we all had a grilled dish. The meat was tender and cooked just right with a generous side of potatoes and greens. We had cheese balls as an appetizer. The cheese was perfectly melted and they stuff them with jalapenos to give them a little kick, just the way I like my cheese balls.We had gelato for dessert and was the only disappointment. I had gelato everyday on my three-week visit to Italy last year and their gelato was in no way "real" gelato. To wrap it up, I like the ambiance of the hotel, the staff is friendly and will talk to you, the price is decent for decent food and get something other than gelato for dessert. ;)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I've had four meals there during our week's long stay. Their beef with mushrooms was simply divine, moussaka the best I've had anywhere in Greece, and the oxtail special simply has to be tried, can't possibly tell you just how good that tasted! Prices averaged between 8-14 euros, bit more for the fish courses.

1  Thank Paula245
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We had lunch here one day and it was very nice I had some great kebabs which were nice and spicy. It was shady and failry cool inside during the midday heat and the toilets were very clean. Prices were ok and we had friendly and efficient service and its all right on the beach.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We ate here most days and the food was amazing. Everything was so fresh and we never had a disappointing meal. We will be back and look forward to eating here when we come back in a couple of years. Right on the beach front you hire beach chairs for 5euros a day and the staff serve you all day for your drinks and food, absolutely loved it. Iced coffees were fantastic and the staff were really nice. Very reasonable prices and wonderful service