“Interesting, great view”

Reichenstein Castle
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The 1,000 years old castle is beautiful and has real nice collection of art and antique items.
It was nice that we could wander around and look at everything, also we were pretty much alone there. The only thing is that it was very cold in there and a bit dark in some rooms, could use dome extra light.
The view on the Rhein river was amazing and all the surrounding is just stunning.
The price is 4.5 euros for an adult, no student discounts.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were so happy that we drove the 30 minutes from Mainz to see this castle! We were the only people in the castle, a friendly museum worker told us to enjoy roaming around! We drove directly to the castle entrance, but it looked like there was a hiking trail to get there, as well. The castle also has a hotel, I would have loved to stay there!
There was a small restaurant, which was closed at the time, but it looked sufficient.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had our wedding here and we could not have chosen a better place, view or hosts. All were fantastic. It is a cute little castle and it was good to see upkeep is still being done. It is a picture perfect place for events and a steal of a deal. Vielen Dank

1  Thank Blake N
Reviewed May 19, 2012

cool view anddecent size for the location.Worth the 2 hrs on the boat combined with walking.Go straight up into town .not along the river walk out of town like we did

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Every conceivable wall is covered with mounted pairs of antlers. My friends and I visited Reichenstein Castle on a package tour and did not stay in the hotel, which is reviewed separately on tripadvisor. We enjoyed our tour guides who were full of great information and a sense of humor. There is the typical collection of armor and some intricate stove plates. The library (at least, I think I remember that being the room) has a chandelier made from the face of a clock--very neat.

While during my time in Germany, my friends and I didn't tour a massive number of castles, this one did provide something different with the antlers (and even hooves). There is a nice cafe and restaurant for grabbing a bite to eat (typical prices and offerings) and a small gift shop.

2  Thank Phykos