“Loved everything about Roslyn House, excelleny/”
Review of Roslyn House

Roslyn House
Ranked #1 of 12 Pateley Bridge B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Roslyn House ticks all the boxes, fantastic location, excellent rooms with everything you need and of course a wonderful breakfast cooked by Lawrence. My husband and I have visited Roslyn House several times and we have stayed in all the rooms and they are all very comfortable and welcoming. There are plenty of interesting places to visit in the area and we treated like locals in the Royal Oak whenever we visit, especially on a Thursday night for the quiz which is a really good evening out. Well done Lawrence and Liz for the all the hard work you must have put into creating such a lovely happy guest house.

There are newer reviews for Roslyn House

Reviewed July 4, 2010

The service was friendly and helpful, received fresh coffee on arrival and the rooms were beautiful. The beds were extremely comfortable and everywhere was spotless. This is a lovely part of the country with lots to see and Lawrence and Liz took pains to give accurate and useful information. They also provide a bespoke service to enable guests to complete the many walks in Nidderdale - you can be picked up and taken to various locations in the area by arrangement which is a great idea.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stayed one night on journey home and quite honestly just wished we could have stayed on. It's a lovely location in nice small town and the accommodation is spotlessly clean, well organised, efficiently run, with superb breakfast and proprietors a pleasure to deal with.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

From the moment we arrived we felt welcome here. Both proprietors were extremely friendly and and seemed genuinely interested in their guests. The room was large bright, clean and welcoming. There was a perfectly good small flat screen TV in the room, but it was made plain that we were very welcome in the lounge to watch the football and join in the communal cheers, commiserations and opinions surround the world cup with family and other guests. Breakfast was superb, cooked to order, locally sourced excellent produce and piping hot. We were on a walking holiday and were offered excellent advice and even free lifts. There was free wi-fi which worked well. I could not recommend this B+B enough.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

We rarely stay at B and Bs, preferring anonymous hotels. First I won't repeat everything which has been said about this B and B. It is very clean and comfortable but the best thing about it is the couple who run it Lawrence and Liz. They are so friendly and full of local knowledge. They will recommend tourist trips, walks and places to eat. They are incredibly helpful, offering things that are not in the brochure (advise on nice walks, and then offer a lift to the start of it). We loved the cooked to order breakfast, so rare in hotels- ingredients locally sourced. It was cheaper than our usual hotel stay. In a hotel I usually find a bath, which I never use as I prefer showers, a smaller room than the one in this guesthouse and 24 hour reception which again I do not use during the night. I would have missed the friendly chat about the day before and the day ahead. When in the Yorkshire dales I will always return to Roslyn house

Reviewed March 6, 2010

Pateley Bridge is a lovely is little place to stay and visit the Yorkshire dales and Roslyn House is the ideal place to stay. Clean and welcoming, the rooms are beautifully decorated with all the little touches you would expect. We had read the reviews about the breakfast – they are not wrong – superb!.
We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scarisbricker
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Just wanted to share a review of this outstanding hotel in the Yorkshire Dales.
I needed a place to stay for my work for an extended period, I found this establishment more by chance than by design and I have to say I am very fortunate that I did.
Having stayed at Roslyn House for over 1 year (every week day for 1 year) I can say with absolute certainty the owners (Lawrence and Liz) are without doubt excellent hosts. Nothing is too much trouble, the rooms are exceptionally clean, warm in the winter and fine in the (short) summer, the service and attention to detail is 2nd to none. I would very highly recommend anyone coming to this part of the UK to try this hotel first.
I intend to remain at Roslyn for the coming year (2010) so if anyone reading this decides to visit I'll most likely be there..........................................I can assure anyone reading this that I am not related to the owners nor have they asked that I write on Trip Advisor, I just wanted to share the facts as there are so many - shall we say - not so hospitable establishments - that this one is by far and away - - fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
#2 of 12 in Pateley Bridge
The Willow
The Willow
#7 of 12 in Pateley Bridge

Been to Roslyn House? Share your experiences!