“nice place, 'nuf said”

The Old Granary Tea Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you want a pleasant lunch or a tasty snack you could do a lot worse than 'The Old Granary'.
i am always aware that in the ratings there is a wide gap from 'average' to 'very good'. I would rather have rated this place 'good' - it's nothing out of the ordinary, but it is very nice and there is nothing to complain about... there is nothing mind blowing about it either. The scones are good, but I've had them just as tasty in other places. Go there and you won't be disappointed, nor will you be wildly excited!

1  Thank thomas s

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner and I popped into the Granary due to its reputation for fabulous scones. We were not disappointed. I had a very nice cheese scone that was served warm and my partner had a tasty fruit scone. The both seemed very fresh. I liked the old fashioned look to the place, with its beamed ceiling, old fire place and the stone walls. The only reason I did not give it full marks was due to a notice on the wall, that said you can only have water if you buy food. That seems a bit miserly to me. I sometimes do just have a coffee at places and I always like a water to go with it. I have never known anywhere else that has refused me a water because I was not purchasing food as well. Besides this The staff were friendly and the service was good.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Finding ourselves in Pately bridge around lunchtime we popped in for a drink, but after reading this I wish we had eaten. Staff were friendly and efficient and prices were good. Husband had a cappuccino and I had soup and a roll (delicious) everywhere was clean and furnishings were chunky pine with gingham tablecloths, could have spent all day here, very pleasant.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

They claim to offer the best scones in Yorkshire and they are without question the best scones I've ever had, anywhere. The service was warm and friendly and will definitely return to see what else they offer.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good home cooked food that was a bit pricey for what it was though it was freshly made. Scones are over rated, not the best in Yorkshire, those at Talbot House are better. Something lacking in the service.

3  Thank Swimmingcrazy