“Simplicity, defined.”
Review of Harefield Hall

Harefield Hall
Ranked #3 of 12 Pateley Bridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Having stayed at the hotel earlier in the year, I decided this was an ideal location to hold my Stag Do. Booking the twelve rooms was made simple by the manageress, as was arranging our meals for the evening, they accomodated for both the fussy eater and for those with allergies (obvious I know, but I had so many demands). The rooms are immaculate and spacious (In particular the Benson Suite) and I never once heard anyone grumble. The hotel is situated fantastically on one side of the valley, giving great views as well being in a prime spot for a walk along the river into Pateley Bridge and for the paintballing site which is well hidden and only a few minutes walk away (Ideal for a stag do). The staff were very welcoming and stayed up to the early hours of the morning serving drinks and chatting with their guests. I personally could not have asked for anything more. This is a great hotel, with wonderful staff and they helped my day go so easy by being there when we needed them. A top weekend!!

• Stayed: June 2009

Reviewed June 19, 2009

Everything about the hotel is first class my wife and I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2009

The Harefield Hall Hotel is the perfect hotel to stay at for business or leisure if you want the full experience of the Dales. I had last stayed here four years ago under the previous management and the sisters who the hotel now have created a lovely, simple, peaceful atmosphere that matches the character of Pateley Bridge and the surrounding Dales. The rooms were spacious and clean, the breakfast was outstanding and most of all, the staff makes you feel like one of the family. I would recommend this location over hotels in Harrogate if it is peace you are after. The hotel has an inviting character again. Though the hotel does not have a fitness center, you can run, jog or walk right up the driveway into picturesque Nidderdale and get your exercise while admiring some of the best scenery in Britain.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We stayed for two nights dinner, bed and breakfast. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The meals were excellent, the menu offers lots of wonderful choices. The staff are welcoming and cheerful. The hotel is located in a lovely peaceful setting, we could hear birdsong from our bedroom. We were able to walk down through the gardens to the river and then we were only a short walk by the river into Pateley Bridge. We thought this hotel provides real value for money.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Recently chanced upon this hotel and were so pleasantly surprised at the quality. The young ladies who run it are charming and helpful. We were offered to view rooms and take a choice, which was a nice touch. The chef, Richard Keane, a young 22 year old was superb, my husband and I have never had a better meal ever. All home cooked, beautifully prepared and presented. He is superb. But not if you want stodge and chips with everything! We extended our stay by one night, but wish we could have stayed longer. I hope they do well, they certainly deserve to do so.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Having just got back from a very relaxing and enjoyable long weekend at The Harefield hall hotel I cannot relate in any way to the previous reviewers comments. The hotel is immaculately kept and is being bought back to life by the new family management. We couldn't have wished for a more comfortable time spent in a lovely old house in a beautiful setting with walking straight out from the gardens to the amazing countryside . The food was excellent and staff went out of their way to accomodate us with anything we asked for. We just wish we could pick the hotel up and bring it south!
Should we every have the pleasure of visiting the yorkshire dales again, we would not hesitate to book The Harefield Hall again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. On the first day, we decided to eat something in the hotel. Firstly, our food took over an hour to arrive. When it arrived, the dour-looking lady that brought it did not acknowledge the delay. My husband did not have a fork to eat with, so we kept asking for one to be brought. It never arrived, so he ate with a spoon! We also asked repeatedly for water to drink with our food, but never received any. When we mentioned this later, the hotel manageress told us she was busy, picked up the telephone and ignored us!
Two or three of the staff were very abrupt and we did not feel welcome the entire time we stayed there. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple