“Amazing food and lovely room, with impeccable service”
Review of The Yorke Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pateley Bridge
The Yorke Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pateley Bridge
Halifax, UK
“Amazing food and lovely room, with impeccable service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent throughout our one night stay with dinner and breakfast - friendly and super efficient without being remotely pretentious which can occasionally be a problem at exclusive restaurants. You felt very welcome and at home here, a very relaxed atmosphere.

Our room was lovely, very nice bathroom, comfy bed, tastefully decorated, lovely views.

The food was an absolute delight, as to be expected from a Michelin started establishmen. A taste sensation in every mouthful from the canapés to the petit fours.

Could not fault the Yorke Arms, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank miss_mcvicar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night simply to enjoy the food without the hassle of a long journey home. The food was, as to be expected, excellent and the service first rate with an extensive wine list to complement the food. Let's be honest, with the prices charged one expects nothing less than excellent, cheap it is not but a worthwhile experience nonetheless.

Be careful if you decide upon a post dinner walk as I found myself locked out when I simply went to my car before retiring. Things were looking awkward as no one answered my hammering on the door (even my wife bless her) but fortunately I was able to gain access round the back through the kitchen which meant I had the advantage of seeing where the food was cooked and how spotless it was!

One concern was the room temperature which, during the day was lovely but the heating remained on all night which made the room quite oppressive. Obviously, we opened the windows but, even so, it was not easy to get a good nights sleep so you might want to turn down the radiators (no thermostat in our room) before you go down for your meal?

My wife tells me we will be returning later in the year, so she obviously liked it!

2 Thank Poppo59
UK
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food at the Yorke Arms deserves the praise it rightly receives. I had the Crab and Red Dear and both were excellent. Tiny details of the service (slightly rushed, butter too hard, bread not interesting) could have been improved. The downside is the Room. Given that the rough price of the meal was 70GBP per head and the DBB rate was 345GBP, I would expect Boutique Hotel standard, not good quality B&B. At 6' tall I found the bed too small (long- and side-ways). Breakfast is good, but not outstanding (for the price). We ate Dinner and Breakfast in the smaller of the two rooms, so I am not sure we saw the best of the Yorke Arms.

1 Thank LincolnImp1968
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food excellent, drinks pricey.. Especially in the mini bar!!
Lovely overnight stay with great breakfast too!
Service great in the restaurant although a bit of a mix up in the lounge bar afterwards.
Room adequate although very clean.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Stephen P
North Yorkshire
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Fourth visit to Frances Atkins' famous Inn and we are both amazed at the high standards still being set and achieved. Well done to all concerned! Deserving of all the accolades. Can't wait to return for our fifth visit later this year.

Room Tip: New Courtyard Rooms are lovely
2 Thank NorthYorkshireJacko
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been twice before - five year's ago - and had an excellent time. We have eaten and stayed at most of the top restaurants in Yorkshire, North Wales, Ludlow and Herefordshire. Unfortunately, this time our experience was extremely disappointing. If you are paying £450 for a meal and one nights stay for two, you have a right to expect a higher standard than was delivered.

The room was okay but had that mass corporate look of white walls, beige carpet and awful paintings. it lacked character or a person touch; and do I really want an open plan bathroom with no door and no extractor fan? The sitting room had the atmosphere and look of a rundown old people's home.

The whole experience was the 'emporer's new clothes' - the gin and tonic which had no gin in it. The staff who were always in a rush with fixed smiles. My wife had two good dishes and the fish was excellent but the rabbit I had was just greasy and lacked any flavour - my wife tasted it and agreed; the lamb main dish was seriously underwhelming and dry; the carrots - no bigger than matchsticks - seemed like a joke gone too far; the custard tart - very average. I was offered - which is good - another dish but had lost faith by then. The breakfast was very good and turned out to be the best dish of the visit.

I don't what was going on and what the ethos is now but it seemed to have lost sight of what it is/was trying to do - ie a great experience and great food.

3 Thank Stephen D
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had evening Dinner and were sat in a room off the main restaurant, no atmosphere and very average dinner. Paid and not even asked if everything was okay, which it wasn’t uninspiring food and cold service. My wife whom was very upset as the meal for two was over £150 was not to the restaurants previous high standards. So she phone and complained the following day, we were invite back to a rear treat lovely table in the main restaurant fantastic Michelin standard food with polite and friendly service so it get a five for sorting out dissatisfied customer who will return and return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Ripon
Red Lion Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 2 in Burnsall

Been to The Yorke Arms? Share your experiences!