“It is what it says: a great restaurant - with rooms”
Review of The Yorke Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pateley Bridge
The Yorke Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pateley Bridge
London, United Kingdom
“It is what it says: a great restaurant - with rooms”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We loved the food and totally agree that it is Michelin standard. The room was fine - but the furnishings were not top quality and we thought we were getting an open fire - we got a fireplace with no fire. It is in a lovely location - with picturesque walks all around. Breakfast was a bit disappointing - but acceptable. Staff were friendly. We would recommend go for a meal. Its somewhere we would return to for an anniversary/birthday or lovely Sunday lunch but we wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SDit54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Yorke Arms at the beginning of January 2013. We had the room for the night with dinner included at the Michelin holding restaurant. The whole experience was superb from beginning to end with discrete and attentive service throughout.

The meal itself (we went for the a la carte as we had this included in the room deal) was sublime. Very rich and plentiful. Our only complaint was that we had to pour our own wine which at a Michelin restaurant you would expect every finer detail to be covered including pouring the wine!

We had pre and post dinner drinks in the residents lounge with its roaring open fire. Pre dinner drinks are served here and you are given the opportunity to view the evening menu, make choices as you sip your aperitif and have some delicious canapés fresh from the kitchen. Taken through to the gorgeous smaller of the two dining rooms (ours had a roaring open fire so very romantic).

Room overlooked the village.hotel green and was spotlessly clean and we slept soundly. We took some candles with us of bath time and we were glad we did as the bathroom lights war every bright and not able to dim for a romantic relaxing bath.

A couple of minor comments as you will have read but really these are very picky and specific and may not bother other people.

Room Tip: We had The Grouse Room which overlooked the hotel/village green and for those wanting a view on the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrogate
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Last Friday we got married in the church across the green and then had our reception at The Yorke Arms.

It's such a cliché, but words simply aren't enough to describe the brilliant service (Frances and John make an impressive team) or the spectacular food (an amuse bouche followed by a tremendous A La Carte 3 courses for all our guests with stunning canapés and mulled wine beforehand and amazing wine from their comprehensive list.) Every single guest has been in touch with us to say how much they enjoyed their meal and rooms and several are planning to return a deux.

I'm not one to usually get carried away and am conscious that I am using a lot of superlatives so will stop myself there and finish with a summary: it was faultless service, scrumptious food, magnificent wine and a magical atmosphere. We can't wait to go back. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sadie F
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Following our visit in May (see review15th May) went back with friends in November 2012. Just as sublime as ever. I took the trouble to make sure both superior suites were available and we stayed two nights with a trip to Bowes Museum over the Dales in magnificent November (sic!) sunshine).

Like another reviewer, I am exasperated by the very negative reviews of passing walkers who want a coffee or a pint and use of the loo. It is a brilliant Michelin starred Restaurant with rooms and not a pub or even a Hotel. When we go there for a treat, the last thing I want is to be mixing it with muddy boots and wet waterproofs even though I am an enthusiastic hill walker myself.

I admit it does look enticing, so if you want a superb dinner, book on line and put your best togs on and enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anthony H
Mirfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We came here the day after our wedding for a special 'mini-honeymoon' meal and the drive towards the Yorke Arms from Pateley Bridge is stunning! We stayed in the Longside suite with a massive four poster bed. The room was large with a separate sitting area and big Georgian windows lighting it up... It really is a beautiful room. But of course the main reason to be here is the food, and having built it up so much in mind over the weeks before, I half expected to be disappointed... I wasn't. Each of the individual components that made up each dish were great on their own... But if you combined them with one another, you got an explosion of flavour! I guess this is what makes good food into great food! By far the best meal I've ever eaten!

I've seen a number of comments about the furniture being old and how it doesn't fit in with an establishment of this quality, but it absolutely does and in fact enhances it.

The service is a little stiff, and maybe could do with being a little more relaxed, but at no point did we feel like they were snooty or hurrying us along.

One negative we had was the price of drinks, we had a gin and tonic, and a disaronno and cranberry juice... £20... I'm perfectly happy to pay more for food of this quality, but I don't think any magic was weaved on the drinks to warrant such a price, after all, Disaronno is the same here as it is from the supermarket.

Overall, we had a fantastic night's stay at the Yorke Arms, and would definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank y30man5
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided on a last minute getaway - originally intending just to come for lunch we decided to push the boat out and go for dinner followed by an overnight stay. The meal is probably one of the best i have ever had. From the canapes to the desert the food was absolutely delicious - but also interesting with combinations that I hadnit expected. I enjoyed my veal kidneys with the red deer so much they kindly arranged for me to have some again with my breakfast - comlete bliss

We originally booked an "executive" room which turned out to be out the back through an uncovered courtyard and up a flight of steps. I think they might have mentioned this before we booked. We asked to be moved back into the hotel proper and we given the cheaper "large" room - which was very comfortable indeed.

I have seldom enjoyed a stay more

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adrian025
tunbridge wells
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My mother and I had a wonderful lunch at this michelin starred restaurant yesterday. The hotel is in a wonderful setting at the head of nidderdale and it was a magnificent drive over the moors and up the dale from Pateley Bridge along the side of the reservoir. There was a warm welcome with fires in the lounge and dining rooms. A first class pint of black sheep bitter to start with with complimentary parmesan tarts and light crisps.
Lunch commenced with an amuse bouche of goats curd with beetroot jelly. A lovely selection of homemade breads. To start with I had smoked cod loin, cured wild salmon, watercress mousse and a blend of crab meat and brown shrimps. My mother had a press of duck with bramble jelly. both dishes were delicious and beatifully presented.
For the main course my mother chose roast dexter beef from a farm in the village. It was beautifully tender with a rich taste and accompanied with large yorkshire pudding and vegetables. I had slow cooked mutton with girolles pommes puree and lentils. It was also delicious although I would have liked a little more of the mutton
Finally my mother had hot grand marnier souffle with chocolate sauce and raspberry sorbet whilst I had lemon curd tart with ginger ice cream.
The staff were friendly and the service impeccable. There is a fine wine list although we just had glasses of a lovely bourgogne.
All in all a wonderful occasion and one we shall repeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 5 in Ripon
Red Lion Hotel
Red Lion Hotel
#2 of 2 in Burnsall

Been to The Yorke Arms? Share your experiences!