“Exquisite food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Yorke Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pateley Bridge
The Yorke Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pateley Bridge
Yorkshire
“Exquisite food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

The food was heavenly, the service excellent and the restaurant/hotel downstairs area is tastefully decorated creating a warm, cosy, wintery atmosphere. We stayed in a standard room, £150 which we found slightly overpriced for the room itself (having stayed in nicer, similiarly priced rooms in the area). The room was more than acceptable, with some nice extras e.g. fluffy dressing gowns, but slightly small and the furniture was a little outdated. However,on the whole, our experience at the Yorke Arms was very positive and we would highly recommend it.

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — the small room and outdated furniture
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MOS75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2007

We stayed in the Grouse Room, which was delightful. Throughout the whole stay we were made to feel really special and valued.

The meal was the best one I have ever tasted. My chocolate pudding changed flavours whilst I ate, I don't know how, but it did. The whole thing was spot on. The service was impeccable, not remotely intrusive yet very attentive.

The setting for the restaurant was really good too- a rural part of Yorkshire, which was very scenic.

The whole occasion was quite expensive, but worth every penny. I look forward to going again.

• Liked — The food and the service
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DorisB
Ballywalter County Down Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2007

The Yorke Arms is a gem and Frances is a star - not only in the Michelin sense!

Our stay here marked the perfect ending to a three week break in Denmark and England.

Our bedroom was very comfortable and clean, with a super bathroom. Maybe new carpets in the corridors for 2008?

The dinner was superb - utterly perfect - and the grouse was the best I have ever eaten.

Many thanks

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bwlunn
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2007

It was delightlful to revisit the Yorke Arms and find that its charms and outstanding but not suffocating service had not changed. The cuisine as ever was superlative and well worth our 2h journey to relax and enjoy excellent food in a most idyllic setting.

We stayed in the Longside Suite (superior room) which was commendably above expectations for a restaurant with rooms and more commensurate with a five star hotel (without room service). Price reflect s the quality and sense of occasion.

We would reccomend this fabulous retreat as a relaxing and exciting culinary escape without reservation. Indeed we have already planned our next two visits!

Service and welcome was refreshingly warm, informed and unaffected and a testament to all that is treasured about Yorkshire.

• Liked — Excellent food and not havig to get a taxi back to Manchester!
  • Disliked — Nothing of particular concern
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank docframe
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

I have stayed in what i consider some very nice hotels,inns and restaurants with rooms. The Yorke Arms in Ramsgill falls into the latter mentioned. It is more like a five star hotel without the room service though. Everythng about this place in my opinion is out of this world. The room,service,staff an the most important thing for me the food. After finishing my meal i thought to myself,if i drop down dead tomorrow the last meal i ate was the best one of my life. Staying here does not come cheap but i will be saving the pennys so i can go back as soon as possible.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Bobtash
Sandbach, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2007

Our stay at this hotel was part of a weekend birthday break for my wife. We stayed here on a Saturday night after choosing the Dinner, B+B tariff costing £380 for one night. This is a significant outlay but based on the many positive reviews posted, I went for it. The room was excellent - separate seating area with large flat panel TV, mini fridge with drinks (not included) and a large comfortable bed with a massive bath at the foot of it on a tiled floor - a nice touch. The door off the main room led to a separate shower and en-suite area. The view from our loft suite was nice and the room was clean. We ventured out for the included Dinner and was once again presented with excellence - Nice canapes, a delicious pea and broad bean intro course followed by three courses of great michelin starred food. We opted for the recommended Crab follwed by the Turbot - all delicious. The staff were efficient and professional throughout. Coffees were taken in the comfortable lounge area. The atmosphere is that of a traditional pub which serves outstanding food. The dining room ran efficiently and there was never any sign of rushing or pressure. The following morning, the breakfast was just as good. The bacon and poached eggs were faultless. The cost of this experience was twice what I would normally pay for one night including dinner but I felt that I needed to compare it with other similar experiences that I have had in the past at other restaurant with rooms. Is it good? Definitely. Would I go again? Probably not, because in my opinion, it is not twice as good as the other options that are out there.

• Liked — The bath at the foot of the bed
  • Disliked — The lack of a proper mirror and plug socket for hair drying
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bobster71
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2007

Stumbled upon the Yorke Arms on a recent trip to Nidderdale.

Could not recommend this 'restaurant with rooms' highly enough - absolutely fantastic.

Sumptuous food from Frances' Michelin starred restaurant, impeccable staff, luxurious rooms, idyllic setting.

My only problem is that I'm afraid of it getting too popular.

Bravo - will be back!

• Liked — Fantastic Restaurant
  • Disliked — Bedroom could have been bigger
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank SoftshellCrab
The Devonshire Fell Hotel
The Old Deanery
The Old Deanery
#1 of 5 in Ripon

Been to The Yorke Arms? Share your experiences!