“a birthday”
Review of Shared Olive - CLOSED

Shared Olive
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A contemporary mediterranean restaurant for every occasion, Shared Olive offers a simple, fresh style food in relaxed surroundings. Where customer service will speak for itself.....Our restaurant will be open for light lunches, drinks and dinner. Menus are designed to suit any occasion, whether you are dropping in for a quick bite, or you decide to join us for the whole evening. Our menus offer a range of freshly prepared pasta and sharing Tapas dishes, complimented by our fresh breads and homemade desserts. All prepared daily by our experienced ChefsSituated in the village of Hawarden, Shared Olive aims to be the restaurant of choice. Perfect day or night to enjoy great value for money food in a great atmosphere with a relaxed and friendly service
Reviewed December 6, 2013

and three other tables were sharing a birthday celebration
welcoming staff
great shared starter although rather large
main course of mixed meat and fish risotto had plenty of fish and meat although rather over done with tomato
house wine at £13.95 was acceptable but over priced

Reviewed December 2, 2013

As usual, Shared Olive was exceptional!

We hadn’t tried the new menu until now, and it’s great!

We went for:

Pulled Pork and Pancetta pasta
Dessert:
Baked Rice Pudding,

All great!

We're booked in again twice in December!

dannyv02, Manager at Shared Olive, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the review! Were glad you enjoyed your meals and really happy you decided to book twice in December after trying the new menu!

We hope to see you in 2014! Thanks for the continuous support!

Kinds Regards,
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went to the Shared Olive after not going for a year - when I looked at the menu before we went, it had changed quite a lot since my last visit but there was still lots of choice. As it was an (early) Christmas get together we dropped some crackers off and asked them to put them on the table which they did, and accommodated us with a downstairs table as one of our friends was on crutches.
Ordered wine and water for the table as soon as we arrived, then tried to decide on food. Quite a few of us had the special starter which was a flatbread with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil and was really lovely - quite a big portion too.
I had the chicken linguine for my main course and wasn't disappointed as it was full of lots of lovely chicken and had a nice crunch from the bacon.
Unfortunately we were all too full for a dessert, and some of the party had ordered far too much tapas which they couldn't finish!! - so that was boxed up for them to take home for lunch the next day!
Staff were all lovely and friendly and there was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant which was quite busy. Quite a reasonable bill at the end of the night so we all left quite happy and look forward to returning soon.

Hi GillDavies4

Thank you for your review. Im really glad you all enjoyed yourselves!
I hope you ladies decide to join us again soon!

Kinds Regards,
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading all the excellent reviews on here and being a vegetarian myself I couldn't wait to try the shared olive. I love risotto and having read that 5 days earlier the chef made someone a pumpkin risotto that everything is made fresh and the chef is more than accommodating I didn't mind paying the high end price (of I think £13). When we ordered however I was told I couldn't have a veggie risotto as it's made with chicken stock so I was left to re look at the menu an chose the broccoli pasta which don't get me wrong was nice an full of flavour but it wasn't what I wanted. As some of the reviews on here say they were offered alternatives I was not. The waitresses didn't even come back to ask if everything was ok or if we needed anything else. The desserts were nothing to our taste.We both left not full and I was very disappointed after the high expectations we went to asda got pudding an went home!

dannyv02, Manager at Shared Olive, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Hi Kate G,

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit at Shared Olive.
We try to accommodate everyone's needs and try to create an enjoyable experience for all of our customers.
We were unaware you wanted an alternative vegetarian meal. If you would like dine with us again we would be more than happy to offer you an vegetarian meal to your taste.

We hope you come back and visit us soon.

Kinds regards,
Restaurant manager.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just returned from Shared Olive, have to say we were very impressed with the chef Danny. We were a party of five and I am a vegetarian but for the month of November I am vegan - Danny cooked a vegan meal especially for me that was delicious, roasted pumpkin risotto. The others had the Sunday roast beef and my husband had paella which after gorgeous starters we were all fit to bust. Felt really looked after and would definitely return again next time we visit my mother in law.

Hi Sandra C,

Thank you for a great review! We are more than happy to accommodate everyone's needs at Shared Olive and were happy we could of accommodated yours!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kinds regards,