“Disappointed”
Review of Shared Olive - CLOSED

Shared Olive
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A contemporary mediterranean restaurant for every occasion, Shared Olive offers a simple, fresh style food in relaxed surroundings. Where customer service will speak for itself.....Our restaurant will be open for light lunches, drinks and dinner. Menus are designed to suit any occasion, whether you are dropping in for a quick bite, or you decide to join us for the whole evening. Our menus offer a range of freshly prepared pasta and sharing Tapas dishes, complimented by our fresh breads and homemade desserts. All prepared daily by our experienced ChefsSituated in the village of Hawarden, Shared Olive aims to be the restaurant of choice. Perfect day or night to enjoy great value for money food in a great atmosphere with a relaxed and friendly service
Reviewed November 16, 2013

After reading all the excellent reviews on here and being a vegetarian myself I couldn't wait to try the shared olive. I love risotto and having read that 5 days earlier the chef made someone a pumpkin risotto that everything is made fresh and the chef is more than accommodating I didn't mind paying the high end price (of I think £13). When we ordered however I was told I couldn't have a veggie risotto as it's made with chicken stock so I was left to re look at the menu an chose the broccoli pasta which don't get me wrong was nice an full of flavour but it wasn't what I wanted. As some of the reviews on here say they were offered alternatives I was not. The waitresses didn't even come back to ask if everything was ok or if we needed anything else. The desserts were nothing to our taste.We both left not full and I was very disappointed after the high expectations we went to asda got pudding an went home!

dannyv02, Manager at Shared Olive, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Hi Kate G,

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your visit at Shared Olive.
We try to accommodate everyone's needs and try to create an enjoyable experience for all of our customers.
We were unaware you wanted an alternative vegetarian meal. If you would like dine with us again we would be more than happy to offer you an vegetarian meal to your taste.

We hope you come back and visit us soon.

Kinds regards,
Restaurant manager.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Just returned from Shared Olive, have to say we were very impressed with the chef Danny. We were a party of five and I am a vegetarian but for the month of November I am vegan - Danny cooked a vegan meal especially for me that was delicious, roasted pumpkin risotto. The others had the Sunday roast beef and my husband had paella which after gorgeous starters we were all fit to bust. Felt really looked after and would definitely return again next time we visit my mother in law.

Hi Sandra C,

Thank you for a great review! We are more than happy to accommodate everyone's needs at Shared Olive and were happy we could of accommodated yours!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kinds regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This restaurant is real gem of a place .Visited on a tuesday evening which was 2 4 1 tapas night.Dining with my mrs we shared 6 tapas which included the amazing pork belly,beef stifado stuffed with feta,crocetttes,duck terrine,cod,and a spicy chicken dish.Staff were friendly and informative and the homemade ciabatta bread was the best I've ever tasted as was the pork belly.Right next to the train station and a couple of nice pubs in the village I can safely say that we will be back for more.
A small cosy restaurant serving amazing food.Our new favourite .

1  Thank mrspliffy

Hi Mrspliffy,

Thank you for such a great review! We're all glad you enjoyed the food and the service at Shared Olive.

I really hope you visit us again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 30, 2013

had the belly pork and grilled halloumi for our starters and shared a paella for main. service was quick, friendly and efficient. enjoyed the food so much asked to take the remains in tupperware which was graciously allowed! definetly returning

1  Thank Pete W

Hi Pete w,

Thanks for such a lovely review! We are all glad you enjoyed your experience at Shared Olive.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Since the last time my wife and I ate at the Shared Olive the menu has seen a few changes. The smoked haddock risotto was nowhere to be seen but the disappearance of old favourites just means you get to discover knew ones (sea bass & chorizo paella, I'm talking about you!) in a restaurant that obviously isn't content to rest on its laurels. Food,service and atmosphere; the Shared Olive scores top marks in each category and if this place is capable of serving a bad meal I have yet to taste it.

A recent award from a major supermarket for the best international cuisine in the country, richly deserved, is modestly displayed resisting what must be a strong urge to place it in a prominent position. That attitude is typical of this charming establishment and like Morrisons if there is a better restaurant in the country I have yet to find it.

2  Thank SteveConnahsQuay
dannyv02, Manager at Shared Olive, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Hi SteveConnahsQuay,

Thanks for your lovely review! Were glad you enjoyed the new menu. Its great your trying our new dishes despite having your favourites from our old menu!

Thank you for you continuous support! We look forward to seeing you again!

Kinds Regards,