We stayed at Borgo last year and immediately fell in love with this beautiful resort. Our vacation plan for this summer was an easy choice. The history, buildings and surroundings are astounding. It's a perfect getaway and a good alternative to a standard hotel in a city centre.
The resort consists of several apartments, all or many are owned by private persons. The size, prizes and style of the apartments therefore differs. As this is an apartment resort, you get the feeling that you're on vacation in your own apartment, which adds to the peace feeling.
There are cleaning and laundry services provided by the resort, but if you don't mind doing it yourself, there are washing machines available.
There is a restaurant on the resort which serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/beverages. Nearby there also is a pizza restaurant. As we are used to Norwegian breakfasts, we made our own in the apartment, which in my opinion was a big advantage.
The resort has two pools, one smaller with a childrens pool and a bigger one with several sun beds. Both pools have a strict policy, which prohibits shouting and game playing which can disturb others, diving, inflatable toys. Unfortunately not everyone respects this, especially families with children. This year three families who traveled together made a huge disturbance to several other guests, and they seemed not to care at all. We spoke to other couples who had stayed at Borgo many times, and it seemed that noisy families are increasing. I hope that the management can prioritize couples with few or without children in the future. I also hope that guests reading this can prevent these disturbances to happen in the future.
If you're looking for a peaceful vacation, beautiful sceneries, great food and architecture, Borgo i Colleoli is the best place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Borgo di Colleoli Resort, is an exclusive historical house, today an holiday estate offering more than 50 beautiful apartments located in the heart of Tuscany. This typical Tuscan hamlet with its individually furnished apartments ensconced amidst the famous Tuscan hillsides is close to Florence, Pisa, Siena and Lucca. Two splendid panoramic swimming pools, are exclusively available for the guests of the Borgo di Colleoli Resort. The Borgo di Colleoli apartments are located in a strategical position in Tuscany since all the best tourist destinations are within easy reach: whether you want to visit the cities of Arts, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Pisa and Florence, or just want to play golf in Tuscany or perhaps go to the seaside, the Borgo di Colleoli Resort is just a few km far away from the renowned beaches of Forte dei Marmi, Pietrasanta, Viareggio, Cecina and its enchanted surroundigs Bolgheri and Castagneto Carducci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Borgo Di Colleoli Resort Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apartments At Borgo Di Colleoli Hotel Palaia
- Borgo Di Colleoli Resort Tuscany Palaia, Italy