We got married in October 2012 at the Borgo Di Colleoli. We cannot speak highly enough of the Borgo, its entire staff (manager, reception, luggage, restaurant), and in particular their onsite wedding planner – Sabrina Bello!
We had 115 guests who stayed at the Borgo over the course of our wedding week. The staff at the Borgo were incredibly helpful, nothing was too much trouble and everyone felt very well taken care of. We were very happy with the accommodation for everyone, and the food was excellent.
We got married in a nearby church, and had aperitifs and the reception at the Borgo itself. We also held a welcome dinner at the Borgo the night before the wedding, and a buffet the day after the wedding.
We were living in Australia when we planned our wedding. We found the Borgo on the internet and from the moment we got in touch they built trust with us by being honest, flexible and incredibly responsive. We didn’t see the Borgo before booking our wedding with them, so communication was very important to us.
We chose the Borgo due to its location – close to Pisa, Florence, Siena; capacity for on-site accommodation for all our guests; close proximity of a local village; the design and lay-out of the Borgo itself; our trust in Sabrina to plan the wedding.
We visited the Borgo in the August before our wedding to see it, and do some final planning with Sabrina. From the moment we arrived, we were delighted we chose the Borgo for our wedding. It is set in the countryside, and has a beautiful rustic feeling, with magnificent views all around. The rooms are clean and well maintained, and each has its own character. The pool areas are beautiful and nice to relax by. The restaurant and bar area have a lovely feel to them, and the staff are very friendly and great fun.
Sabrina Bello was the on-site wedding planner and she went above and beyond our requests and expectations in every way. She is a most warm and kind person, and added many personal touches to our day. She was available to us for all questions throughout the year in the lead-up to our wedding; and during the wedding week she worked full time with us. She took great care of our family and friends and made everyone feel incredibly welcome. Sabrina’s attention to detail was second to none. We really felt that our wedding was important to her, and as though it was the only wedding she organised for the entire year.
Key things Sabrina organised for guests
- Communication with all the guests to organise room bookings which were suitable to their requirements e.g. Fattoria’s for families, ground floor apartments for older guests
- Transfer to and from the Borgo from Pisa airport as many guests didn’t want to hire cars
- Day trips over the week – Pisa, Florence, Sienna/San Gimignano – to keep the guests entertained
- Group dinners at local restaurants in the week before the wedding
Key things Sabrina organised for the wedding
- Welcome dinner for all guests night before the wedding, and post wedding buffet the day after the wedding
- Wedding reception itself – menu, table layout, drinks etc
- Outside area for cutting of the cake and dancing
- Music for aperitifs and disco after dinner
- Catholic church 20minutes away with a lovely priest, fantastic views, and very special atmosphere
- Legal documentation for the wedding with the local townhall
- Flowers for the day with a local florist – the quality and detail of which were superb, and matched with the theme of the day perfectly. They were delivered exactly on time, and the church was decorated beautifully by the florist
- On-site hairdresser and beautician for the wedding party, including trials in advance
- Hairdresser for guests on the morning of the wedding
- Photographer for the day who took beautiful pictures
- A football match for the morning of the wedding to keep the boys entertained!
- An Alfa Romeo Spider hired for 1 week as a surprise for the groom on the morning of the wedding!
- Children’s entertainer and clown for during the meal – the 10 children at our wedding loved this, as did their parents!
- Babysitter to take care of 2 small babies during the reception dinner
We would highly recommend the Borgo to anyone either planning a holiday in Tuscany or planning their wedding in Italy. We are planning a return visit to the Borgo in 2013.
The atmosphere of our wedding was magical, and many of our guests have said that the whole week at the Borgo was like a fairytale!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Borgo di Colleoli Resort, is an exclusive historical house, today an holiday estate offering more than 50 beautiful apartments located in the heart of Tuscany. This typical Tuscan hamlet with its individually furnished apartments ensconced amidst the famous Tuscan hillsides is close to Florence, Pisa, Siena and Lucca. Two splendid panoramic swimming pools, are exclusively available for the guests of the Borgo di Colleoli Resort. The Borgo di Colleoli apartments are located in a strategical position in Tuscany since all the best tourist destinations are within easy reach: whether you want to visit the cities of Arts, Siena, San Gimignano, Volterra, Pisa and Florence, or just want to play golf in Tuscany or perhaps go to the seaside, the Borgo di Colleoli Resort is just a few km far away from the renowned beaches of Forte dei Marmi, Pietrasanta, Viareggio, Cecina and its enchanted surroundigs Bolgheri and Castagneto Carducci. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Borgo Di Colleoli Resort Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apartments At Borgo Di Colleoli Hotel Palaia
- Borgo Di Colleoli Resort Tuscany Palaia, Italy