“Bitterly Dissapointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Perth, Australia
“Bitterly Dissapointed”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The ambiance of this restaurant is great, service courteous/excellent; Entree of Fruits de mer Crepe was reasonably good, and then it went downhill rapidly with the main courses. both House Specialities (Cassoulet & D'agneau/lamb) was totally tasteless. There was no in-depth flavour and really lacked seasoning. After eating the most of the main dishes, my wife and I both gained no after taste sensations from eating these.
A big disappointment when French food is renowned for flavour?
We were asked if we enjoyed, and honestly answered as commented. The owner took note, was to look into this, and also provided a complimentary/free compilation of Desert/sweets, these stood up to French tradition.
To go back? leaves us with a big question. Possibly not?

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Trevor J

Perth, Australia
“One of the best restaurants”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We recently had dinner here with a large group of people and absolutely loved it. The whole experience was great. Great service and well presented food and plenty of it. Will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ConnieWA
Perth
“Just when you think it cannot get better....”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was our second trip to this lovely restaurant. First was for our wedding anniversary. We raved about it so much to my brother, that he took us back there (his shout so even better:)
My only con this time was that the lighting was very subdued for some reason. So much so that reading the menu was a bit difficult. Luckily I had viewed the menu online earlier so had a pretty good idea of what was on offer.
But that is my only very minor gripe, because everything else was perfection.
Hubby tried the fois gras entree and the lamb for main. He has always wanted to try fois gras and was not disappointed.
Bro had prawn risotto and cassoulette. Again he has always wanted to try cassoulette and was over the moon. He cannot wait to have it again
I had the seafood crepe and filet of beef. Both were truly superb. The beef was again cooked to perfection and just sliced like butter. The smokiness of the sear was fantastic as was the accompanying mash which was like velvet on the tongue.
Bro loves his cheese and thus ordered the cheese plate. He liked the cheeses, but only having bread to accompany instead of a lighter choice of crackers was a bit heavy at the end of the meal - his only gripe. Hubby and I again shared the degustation dessert plate and another serve of creme brulee. Absolutely demolished both plates and had to stop hubby from licking them clean.
This restaurant is fast becoming a favourite. Love the setting, the ambiance, the staff, the food and most of all the pricing is very reasonable. Cannot wait to return again...and again....and again

• Visited July 2013
Mandurah
“A Lovely French Experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This would have to be my favourite Perth restaurant because I keep coming back and back. What I really love about this restaurant is the total dining experience. From the moment you are ushered to a table covered with a white linen tablecloth in quite surroundings you know you are going to enjoy your time here. The service is impeccable without being over the top. The food is delightful.
For lunch I had the three course special which consisted of escargots for entree, confit of duck which just melted in your mouth for main and for desert L’assiette de Glaces et Sorbets - Chez Pierre home-made Ice cream and Sorbet Selection, which was superb. All this for $42 - what value. Added to this was the fact you could bring your own wines. There is a service charge for this but it does mean you can bring an extra special wine for your drinking pleasure.
So if your after a real French experience in Perth then this is the place. Also you can go knowing that a quite conversation can be enjoyed by all and isn't this what fine dining is all about - a lovely atmosphere,fine food and wines and interesting conversation with friends or family

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank peterjr41Mandurah
“Simply, a must try!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went to "Chez Pierre" to celebrate my mothers 70th, in Nov 2012. We hired the restaurant for the night for our 85 guests. Pierre and his team did not disappoint. From the moment we stepped into their restaurant, we were all greeted with genuine warmth and made to feel special. The decor of the restaurant is romantic with great lighting. It's spacious, clean and inviting. The tables are immaculate with fresh, crisp white tablecloths and comfortable seats. The food was superb, truly delicious. The wait staff efficient and not intrusive. The wine list extensive. Ambience perfect. Overall, absolutely great value for money. Fantastic night was had by all.

My boyfriend and I go regularly to the restaurant now and are never disappointed.

• Visited November 2012