“A good lunch, well worth the visit”
Review of Steve's Bar & Cafe

Steve's Bar & Cafe
Ranked #24 of 56 Restaurants in Nedlands
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Steve’s is a hub of activity from lunchtime and into the night. Whether it’s relaxing under the umbrellas on the lawn, or inside seated around the high tables with grazing plates and a drink, Steves offers the perfect place to meet friends or business associates.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stopped in for lunch and ordered a NZ Pino, it arrive quickly but alas a little warm but ok. Service was good, admittedly I was one of a few here at this time between lunch and dinner. I ordered the Chilli and Prawn Linguine, this came out with a hint of spice, very nice. I like a chilli hit so ordered some fresh chilli, this arrived very quickly and was fresh, aromatic and tasty, touched off the dish very nicely.
Must return for dinner to enjoy more fine fare.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

2 average steak sandwiches and 2 very poor lemon lime bitters for lunch today for a whopping $63
Seriously guys that's taking the mickey for a pub lunch. There was a chewy bit of steak, 3 slices of tomato some lettuce, red onion and mustard with a small bowl of chips and ketchup.
The drinks were weak and had bugs in them, had to be replaced, new drinks were only better for not having bugs in them.
Should have kept driving and found somewhere else, this was a re visit and a total flop.

1  Thank travelm858
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Featuring the option to select wines from the extensive collection in the ajoining bottle shop, steves is a great venue for wine lovers.
The bar menu is tapas style yet portions are larger than most other tapas restaurants.
The staff are friendly and dining service is at its best when its not 5pm happy hour on a friday afternoon...

This week Steves brought out the new Summer/ Autumn menu, full of seafood and light fresh options, as well as all the classic pub food- beef burgers, fish and chips and steak.
To share we tried the Seared chilli squid with lime $14, the Salmon terrine with soft shell crabs $19 and the Exmouth tiger prawn salad $11 along with a bottle of
Picardys refreshing Sem.Sauvignon Blanc $42 from the winestore. The seafood was all fresh and lightly grilled, il call it "al dente" because like well cooked pasta
the prawns and squid were soft without being rubbery.

I can recommend the confit pork belly - tender, succulent easy to pull apart pork between layers of melt in your mouth fat and topped with salted crackle.
The dish is paired with peach and roasted vegetables $32, a dish that matches perfectly with the cherry and spice of Picardys Pemberton Pinot Noir.

Another pub-style favourite is 400g Sirloin and chips $38, matched with the rich plum and mulberry notes of Tatiarra's velvety smooth Cambrian Shiraz.

As a local, Steves is ideal for catching up with friends for a beer in the sun or to enjoy the great range of wines.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have been regulars at Steve's over many years and while we may not have supported the development we did embrace it and have enjoyed many an afternoon in the sun with a bottle of SSB and delicious tapas at the new Steve's .

However after today I doubt if I will return. We ordered a bottle of wine and tapas. I said to the girl serving I wanted the warm olives, some chips, spanish style and bread with EVO. She told me the menu had changed but she suggested a couple of things that sounded ok. What we got was truly disgusting , fried onion rings covered in huge chunks of oily , greasy batter , 2 slabs of stale bread with an assortment of pickled veg and olives sitting in a vat of oil, the latter two items servered in glass jars that you could not reach the food , sort of like old Vegemite jars.

The food made me ill. I thought Perth had really improved is standard of food, and I know at many places the food is excellent but this quality or lack of was straight from the past. It was not fitting of a place that the cheapest bottle of wine is $40

I won't be going back to Steve's in a hurry .

1  Thank tigerbeer
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went here for lunch just recently midweek as it was close by. It was a lovely day sitting out in the sunshine. It was way overpriced but the staff were friendly particularly our balinese waiter. We were surrounded by people drinking champagne on just about every table. The 4 of us ordered appetizer to share and our mains. My lamb was cooked perfectly and tasted great. My brother just got a steak on a plate. A few days later we went to a pub in Vic Park and there were 9 of us, this bill cost us $10 less than the Steve's bill for 4 of us and the food was just as nice!