Hotel Puerto Juan Montiel, SPA & Base Nautica
  • Beachfront
Agoda.com
Los Geraneos(Aguilas)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbedroom suitenice hotelbottle of cavaa bit tiredhour transferbuffet stylehotel is situatedaverage hotelminute strollnice bathroomsea frontindoor and outdoor poolsother guestswould stay againalicante airportout of seasonwi fi
Reviewed December 4, 2012

from arrival to leaving nothing was to much for the staff,on the edge of the town but only 15 minute walk into the town center , beautiful views from the bedrooms also from the bar area.breakfast .they catered for all tastes,evening meal was by buffet,always many choices all the food was top class.
They do charge ten euros per night to park in their car park,but no one uses it ,plenty of parking free around the hotel and a public car park 70 mtrs away for five euros per night.

a better than average hotel

Room Tip: ask for sea front room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
3  Thank bootnick
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We were traveling from France to Nerja for a wedding and broke the trip up and found this lovely hotel. The service was wonderful. The rooms were wonderful. We had been traveling and wanted dinner but they started service at 8 just a little late for hungry travelers. The view was great. Totally would recommend this lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Nina6666
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed 3 days recently at this hotel, helped by the most perfect October weather. This brings me to the most extraordinary thing I have ever experienced at ANY hotel. Despite this perfect weather the Management insisted that the pool and pool area be closed from 14.00 - 16.00!!! This didn't sit well with us as it was the one thing we wanted to do and it was too hot to do anything else - 31C. I'm afraid I dug my heels in and refused to leave. This was eventually accepted and towards the end of the 3 days I noticed that the rule had been relaxed, possibly as we continued to lie there. I never discovered why this was so, despite asking various staff.
On other things, we had an enormous suite at an excellent price. It was extremely comfortable but you need to bring your own tissues, slippers and tea making kettle, none of which were provided.
The buffet breakfast was fine but the lunch and dinner buffets were very disappointing. We found it was better to eat out. It is 5 mins by car to the town centre, or a 20 min walk along the seafront.
We found very little to do in Aguilas, but it was off season so maybe there is more in the summer.
Overall very good value for our money.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if the price is right
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cobham_SurreyRetired
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed overnight at this Hotel on a trip to the sea side. The Hotel has large airy public areas and helpful staff.
There is a charge of 10 euros to park in the Hotels underground car park, but we had no problem parking for free in the adjacent street, the area is very quiet.
The room was very clean and well equipped.
Breakfast had a good spread of foods, although the hot foods were cold due to the use of air conditioning in the restaurant.
Evening in the bar which has an open terrace, entertainment consisted of a young man with a laptop contected to large speakers which consisted of a house beat mix of latin american Beatles tunes, this was set against a background audience of elderly people playing cards and dominoes.
The location which at first appears a little out of Town is connected by a nice promenade which fringes the beach.
There are a number of cafes and restaurants nearby and overall is a nice place to stay in Aguilas

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tony_cass
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have been to this hotel several times with my family to eat at its restaurant. The hotel is always very clean and the staff are very polite. The food is really fresh and you can eat as much as you want for less than 20 euros. The food is so fresh that you can even choose any fish or meat that you like and they cook it for you at that moment. The hotel is just in front of the beach and the port. After lunch you can go out for a nice walk along the beach, and if you like walking then go to St. John's Castle... It costs 2 euros and the views are really worth it (if you are retired admission is free).
I must also say that my cousin has stayed at the hotel with her husband and they were very pleased with the room, the food and the spa. They told me that they enjoyed that weekend at the hotel very much.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family